Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I would say it was worth 700 except that the fuel tank is missing. After following Watermann's thread, no thanks. Custom tank isn't something I'd want to do.
Yeah, I was spoiled a month or so ago by the 18 footer with 40hp motor plus trailer for $250 I guess. :lol:

I wanted to jump all over it and could have had it fixed up and on the water in two weeks. The thing is, at the time, my wife said "No!" and I deferred. And this morning she said we should have bought that one to flip! Arrghh!! :facepalm:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The one that got away. Story of my life. I am way too cheap for my own good. I have passed up great deals on broken box stuff only to kick myself in the head for not going for it. I just walked away from a wheel barrow for 50 bucks and thought about it. I pay more for sneakers. So I went back and grabbed it. My problem was that I will use the thing twice a year on a super busy year. Still nice to have even though it will take up valuable garage space more than it will be useful.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The one that got away. Story of my life. I am way too cheap for my own good. I have passed up great deals on broken box stuff only to kick myself in the head for not going for it. I just walked away from a wheel barrow for 50 bucks and thought about it. I pay more for sneakers. So I went back and grabbed it. My problem was that I will use the thing twice a year on a super busy year. Still nice to have even though it will take up valuable garage space more than it will be useful.
Yeah, the one that really killed me was back in the spring... a 1999 Crestliner Rampage aluminum deck boat with a good running Yamaha 115, clear title and good trailer for only $900. I saw the ad just one minute after it was listed. I didn't know that Crestliner made such a boat so went online and did some research, watched some videos, etc. Went back to the listing just 40 minutes later and it was already sold and gone! 40 minutes! :doh:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The V5 tank debacle but any of the other models wouldn't be near the pain as there are ways of adjusting like I did with my Chief. Having deck supports riveted through the bottom of the hull and not on top of the ribs was the problem.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The V5 tank debacle but any of the other models wouldn't be near the pain as there are ways of adjusting like I did with my Chief. Having deck supports riveted through the bottom of the hull and not on top of the ribs was the problem.

Oh, it was a v5 thing. Sorry WM, although I'm a tinny, I'm not a starcrafter. I didn't realize or just didn't do the math that the problem was mainly because of it being a special hull. Well then, that one up there isn't too bad. Maybe a 400 offer if you don't really need her. Might get a call in a month when it's time to start buying Christmas presents and the boat hasn't sold.

Decker83

Commander
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/5831520830.html
00e0e_g2TsBU70oPb_600x450.jpg

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That one looks nice. It scares me that the photos say 1/19/2005 though. And no pics of the interior.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My worry is that with pics from 05, this isn't the boat your going to go look at. Alot could have changed in 11 yrs and the only reason to use 11 yrs old photos is probably because alot has changed. I have gone to see cars that were woefully misrepresented and it is a bummer to roll up on something that looks nothing like the pics. 11 yrs under a tree with just that bimini could make the interior mighty tender I reckon.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
or the batteries were replace in the camera and date not reset.
That could be. It just looks so clean and nice for 500. I was thinking he just posted the pics he took when he first bought the boat. It could be that he hasn't used the camera since 05 like you said and just put batteries in and took pics.