Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

20k cdn for a Islander that's really a Chief...

$_27.JPG

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
I don't think that price is out of line considering the amount of work the owner has in it and the apparent condition and equipment. If I had to sell my '67 Starchief right now with those motors, even not finished, I would ask more than that. Still, like the same vintage of popular classic cars with high production numbers, people hardly ever get out of them what they put into them to bring them back. The compensation is in doing the work to make it your own and enjoying the finished product.

Interesting touches on the above boat are the removal of the cabin bulkheads to revert to the pre-67 type of consoles, and the reshaping of the transom to give more room for the aux motor. It has what looks like a patch plate under the motor on the transom skin, It also looks like the splash well header has been reshaped and arched. The removable trailer light bar is a good idea, since it means that a multiple boat owner only has one set of lights to maintain. Since it can be moved from boat to boat, the expensive lights are not vulnerable to damage when loading or launching. I have one I made that I use as a temporary fix for times trailer lights are not working.

Last edited:

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
The high dollar scrap value claims are from people who haven't looked at scrap prices in a few years. They're at historic lows. Even with thicker plate in that Marinette it would bring less than $1K I think. Steel is even worse. I got $65 for a 3400# running Jeep at the JY (I didn't want to play the CL game).

The 32'er is cool, but it's a white elephant for sure.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
A perusal of the Starcraft restoration page shows that these sort of big tins are the most likely to not be finished after initial enthusiasm. That is a lot of boat to buy, move, restore, and maintain unless you want to live on it for a few years. I can almost feel burnout on my 18 after almost a year. I can't imagine the work on a 32.

ford290

Cadet
Looks like a rare 1979 22' SS V5 just waiting for someone to come love it and take it home. Listed on Kijiji in Sudbury Ontario for $1000 Cdn. No trailer and blown motor only details. I think it may be an inboard with that stern railing but can't say for sure.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah thank the lord that's a sight you don't see very often, big V5 SS tin laying about like it's trash. :blue:

ford290

Cadet
You from there Ford? I'm heading up there in September to pick up my Chieftain.

No I am not, it's about 6 hours north of where I am. I have a 22' Mariner ripped apart right now, or I would be on my way. There are two here on iBoats that I have seen. djpeters has an outboard version and Minsota is doing a conversion of an inboard to outboard. Both are 1979's , both have excellent photos of what to expect and how they can turn out.