Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
With that sterndrive sitting there between the seats things might get a bit dicey in some rough water. :lol:

64osby

Admiral
A starboard trim tab will straighten that right up. Get half the money back by selling the port tab to an owner with the helm a-tiltin' the other way. LOL

Might have spoke too soon, the boat could list really bad to the port side. It might look fine when under way. :rolleyes:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
22' V5 Islander for $1500

00O0O_agASTqtmXQX_600x450.jpg

00T0T_m6f3O2jG0w_600x450.jpg

I'm selling my 1981 Starcraft islander. The motor runs great but the transom is bad and needs replacement. I am asking 1500FIRM or 2200 FIRM with the extra outdrive, 1997 9.9 kicker motor and 3 extra props

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
An early 4.3 is a drop in with just new side mounts and Y pipe. The 470 and 4.3 use the same ratio.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The 470 was MC's bid at making their very own motor and it wasn't the most reliable to say the least. There's even a forum member who's name is "WOAISMEIGOTTA470". :lol:

Yeah GA you would be mixing and matching MR and A1. With everything that needs changed a A1 or 2 donor would be the best way to go.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
The 470 was MC's bid at making their very own motor and it wasn't the most reliable to say the least. There's even a forum member who's name is "WOAISMEIGOTTA470". :lol:

Yeah GA you would be mixing and matching MR and A1. With everything that needs changed a A1 or 2 donor would be the best way to go.

Learn somethin' new everyday...and today is no exception! (I also learned that deer eat arborvitae :lol: )

theoldwizard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
The 470 was MC's bid at making their very own motor and it wasn't the most reliable to say the least.
The pistons, rings and I think rods are out of the old Ford 460 V8.

One big problem with the engine was their charging systems. Magnets were glued to the crank pulley (?) and coil(s) were mounted around the outside. A good basic design, but the glue they used did not stand the test of time.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Hey BWR, this dont look to bad for a larger one for the fam. Nice and open to make it your own.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/boa/5275927565.html

I am selling my 1977 aluminum 18 ft Starcraft Chieftain. This is a rare, classic, heavy duty, high sided aluminum boat. It has strong deep V designed to slice through waves and produce a very smooth ride in tough conditions. It would make an excellent off shore boat or large lake boat. The hull is in great shape for its age with only a few surficial scratches and one small relatively shallow dent. The boat needs new plywood for the transom. The transom is very accessible so its a very easy straight forward job. It will probably need new floors in the next year or so which is also not too difficult due to the design of the boat (For Information on this Google - iboats.com Starcraft forum Chieftain restoration). It would make an excellent project boat for someone looking to be ready for the spring runs. The boat comes with a high quality galvanized trailer that is in great shape. The trailer has new tires, hubs, bearings and bearing buddies. The boat also comes with a marine radio, bilge pump, anchor, aluminum gas tank, the original cabin cushions, one gallon of Gluvit (resin used to seal rivets on aluminum boats/see iboats.com Starcraft forum) steering wheel and gear box, new electrical wiring, life preservers, fire extinguisher, dock line and many extra items to help get this boat ready for the water. I am selling the boat and trailer (No motor) for $1600.

00w0w_6GyVLm6OyOJ_50x50c.jpg 00q0q_hEBcXFUFgTR_50x50c.jpg

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Hey BWR, this dont look to bad for a larger one for the fam. Nice and open to make it your own.

I am selling my 1977 aluminum 18 ft Starcraft Chieftain. This is a rare, classic, heavy duty, high sided aluminum boat. It has strong deep V designed to slice through waves and produce a very smooth ride in tough conditions. It would make an excellent off shore boat or large lake boat. The hull is in great shape for its age with only a few surficial scratches and one small relatively shallow dent. The boat needs new plywood for the transom. The transom is very accessible so its a very easy straight forward job. It will probably need new floors in the next year or so which is also not too difficult due to the design of the boat (For Information on this Google - iboats.com Starcraft forum Chieftain restoration). It would make an excellent project boat for someone looking to be ready for the spring runs. The boat comes with a high quality galvanized trailer that is in great shape. The trailer has new tires, hubs, bearings and bearing buddies. The boat also comes with a marine radio, bilge pump, anchor, aluminum gas tank, the original cabin cushions, one gallon of Gluvit (resin used to seal rivets on aluminum boats/see iboats.com Starcraft forum) steering wheel and gear box, new electrical wiring, life preservers, fire extinguisher, dock line and many extra items to help get this boat ready for the water. I am selling the boat and trailer (No motor) for $1600.

While it does not mention or picture them, items like the splash well and other metal parts should be available or it will be a very difficult restore. I would guess they are just not shown, since the steering system is mentioned despite not showing any console. I sure like the lines of these 18 footers........, and it is interesting how much weight is added by increasing the length by 2 or 3 feet.

Ron

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Pretty clean and nice looking rig for sure. The trailer seems to be in really good shape. A bit out of my reach right now though, what with me having to deal with well and sump pump issues on my property here. :blue:

While it does not mention or picture them, items like the splash well and other metal parts should be available or it will be a very difficult restore. I would guess they are just not shown, since the steering system is mentioned despite not showing any console. I sure like the lines of these 18 footers........, and it is interesting how much weight is added by increasing the length by 2 or 3 feet.

Ron
Very good points! I'd not noticed that either. Need more coffee. Not fully awake yet... :ranger:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Very good points! I'd not noticed that either. Need more coffee. Not fully awake yet... :ranger: [/QUOTE]

Lol I was up at 0500 with a gassy baby. already had my 3 cups and couldnt help but cack a heiny. I thought it was noon already but apparently it was only 0800 :eek:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Lol I was up at 0500 with a gassy baby. already had my 3 cups and couldnt help but cack a heiny. I thought it was noon already but apparently it was only 0800 :eek:
I was on my first cup when I wrote my reply above. After my 2nd cup I realized that I'd said sump pump. Duh. :facepalm: Not applicable! It's all about the well. No basements around here! :lol:

I can't help looking at these c-list ads. Probably shouldn't but it's just so fun checking into possibilities. Of course, there are those occasional screaming good deals that show up once in a great while. Grabbed one of those a couple days ago. :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Well, I just showed this ad to my wife. She likes it. A lot.

And she'd love to take a road trip up to Georgia. She hasn't been out of this area since arriving here over 3 years ago. You guys are trying to get me into (good) trouble with her! :lol:

Waiting for the well service company to get here, probably in a couple hours. Too bad that the Chief is outta reach right now or I'd probably be hitting the road soon. THREE boats in my yard? Who'd a thunkit? :faint2: