1967 14' Starcraft Alum Boat Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: 1967 14' Starcraft Alum Boat Help

I stand corrected. The '67 brochure does show the 3 knees. Thanks for straightening me out. I retract all previous posts that make me look like an un informed fool! :eek:

1stgenbird

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's ok as I am still confused.:D

richierider

Seaman Apprentice

I believe you have a 67 Starcraft Sea Scamp....not sure about the specs...my id tag on boat is also damaged and paper thin leaving most info unreadable....i will look around and see what i can come up with....i just picked up this boat and have already starting restoration....its all stripped and about to get sanded down....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please start your own thread. This one is almost three years old and the starter has not been here since Nov, 2010. So he isn't gaining any benefit from your post. Our rules state only the original poster can re-open a thread which has been inactive for more than 90 days.

Welcome, but please take the time to review the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Thank you for your understanding.

richierider

Seaman Apprentice

....sea scamp....18hp...4 persons....700lbs. persons, motor, gear....

Fredfarmer

Recruit
Hello Starcraft owners
I have a '67 14' aluminum starcraft fishing boat but I do not know what model it is since it does not have a VIN tag.

Here's what I know:

3 full bench seat
each seat has in-cased styrafoam block for floatation
boat is designed for OB motor
three transom braces
63 1/2" beam
Sorry I do not have pics of it.
I would like to know the specs of this boat AND how large of a motor can I safely use. The new 4 stroke motors are heavier then the old 2 strokes, so what size or weight can this boat SAFELY use?

I emailed starcraft and they would not even write back to me.

Your help is needed...THANKS

I have the same boat it takes a short shaft motor and is rated to up to a 35hp motor

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same boat it takes a short shaft motor and is rated to up to a 35hp motor

Please start your own thread. This one is almost three years old and the starter has not been here since Nov, 2010. So he isn't gaining any benefit from your post. Our rules state only the original poster can re-open a thread which has been inactive for more than 90 days.

Welcome, but please take the time to review the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Thank you for your understanding.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.