Post a pic of your starcraft!

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
I'm finally getting around to this thread now that I have a "completed" project (though I still have a list of stuff to do :D).

A late start for me on a beautiful August morning on Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT:

cidBtwW.jpg

The fog of 2 stroke exhaust in the morning sun :watermelon::

PSpt0we.jpg

The view from inside the boat is not that bad:

e5amNuH.jpg

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Looking awesome Chem. How are you from Ft. Ticonderoga?

Thanks, 64! Ticonderoga is about 55 miles south, it's more like a wide river down there. Up here on the broad lake it's 11 miles wide. The lake itself is 125 miles long...there's a lot of the lake that I've never seen.

64osby

Admiral
When I was a squirt we lived near Schenectady, Vacationed up at Lake George and Silver lake. Grandfather owner a farm by Jay. Every summer we would go see the fort and drive the west side of the lake.

Also had family in Upper Dorset VT we would go see.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
She doesn't look so rough now without her dress on but she does look ready :heh:

So how was the fishing out on the big water?

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
It's been great when I can get out! Targeting lake trout now as the small stocked salmon are everywhere...I try not to catch the juveniles.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
I thought I would post mine here now since its different looking now after the rebuilt. What you guys think? She's pretty much done, splashed and water tested. Dry with no leaks and did awesome on near shore Lake Ontario. Easily went on plane too.

Might sell her come spring and take up an 18 footer SC or bigger, so that by the time my kids are ten and want to do things on water I've got enough time to restore bigger SC.

Watermann

She looks great catbones! So why not start shopping now for the 18'r and keep the Jet to use while doing the work.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
She looks great catbones! So why not start shopping now for the 18'r and keep the Jet to use while doing the work.

I agree. I just don't think you'd get enough selling to make it worth giving up. I would've loved to have had a runabout when I was working on my project or some other issue kept it off the water.

And it looks great!

paulf73

Cadet
Great looking SS you there Paul! Awesome you have a cabin too.. :thumb:

Thanks Watermann!!

I just returned from another fun weekend at camp and wow do I love this boat more every time I use it. We have burned about 40 gallons of gas through it this year and I keep wondering how I burn it up so fast. Then I realize that we just use the heck out of this thing!

Since I haven't seen a lot of it in this thread I thought I would offer up a video of my SS in action. She rocks. There is one pass where she is holding a GPS verified 38-39 MPH. I think that is very respectable for a boat this size. This thing is a blast.

I keep thinking I want a V8 inboard powered go-fast type boat but then I ask myself why??? I think I have all the boat I need right here!

Watermann

Hey Paul that was great, thanks for the show! :D

40 gallons is nothing, I've burned close to 30 gallons in one day with my Chief on a 110 mile run. When you love being in the boat time seems to just evaporate and so does the gas. :lol:

Yeah that's a great speed for you SS, much more and things can get pretty interesting the closer you get to 50 in these light boats. ;) I rarely go over 35 due to the thirst factor of those 205 horses topped off with a 4 barrel carb.

paulf73

Cadet
Wow, 30 gallons in a day. Now THAT is a good day on the water haha! When I rebuilt this boat I put in a 17 gallon poly tank and I thought it was way overkill, wrong! I took up ten gallons this last trip which gave me 3/4 of a tank. Between blasting around the lake and doing a bunch of trolling it was empty again when we left.

Boy she sure does run sweet though.

I also have a 17' Sylvan with a 90 HP Suzuki 4-Stroke and I have been spoiled by the way it sips fuel. I had forgotten how thirsty these old 2-strokers can get.

I bought the Starcraft as something I could just leave at camp and use on occasion but I have come to love it so much I may end up repowering it with a 4-Stroke. If I do then the Sylvan will become the camp boat and the Starcraft will become the stay at home boat. In all honesty the 36 year old Starcraft is a better all around boat than the 2009 Sylvan!

aleinvand

Cadet
Hi guys, greetings from Argentina.

This is mine Starcraft. Here in the country there are no much of those beauties and I?m trying to find out what is the exact model. Do you guys know?

Thanks!

image_229691.jpg image_229692.jpg image_229693.jpg

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Aleinvand - Is there a capacity plate on the hull? Should tell you the Model. If not look at the HIN to get the year, measure the hull length and width and compare it to brochures in the sticky thread.

Looks like a nice comfortable ride.

Fvee1

Recruit
image_229791.jpg This is my 1966 Starcraft Falcon...The color is Polaris Blue !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Fvee1

Recruit
Anyone know how to upload a pic instead of a link with an iPad on here ?

Last edited:

Watermann

Looks like the pic of your Falcon came through just fine. :thumb:

Acechikita

Recruit
Here's my SC. Started restoring a few years ago but ran out of steam and know how. REMOVED BY MOD

MOD EDIT - Make sure you read the rules.

Attachments

• YellowBoat.jpg
    YellowBoat.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator: