1988 Starcraft Mariner 160 Schematic

synthnut

Recruit
Does anybody know where I can find a schematic or an owners manual for this boat ? .... I would think that they would be posted somewhere since the Starcraft line is so popular ....Thanks, Jim

Maybe I should be asking .....Does anybody have a simple wiring diagram for this boat , or any Starcraft for that matter ....My boat is a 1988 .....Thanks again ....Jim

ricwing

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1988 Starcraft Mariner 160 Schematic

I had a 18 mariner, no schematic came with it,bought it new, hooked battery backwards and had to rewire it. pretty simple. what you looking for?

synthnut

Recruit

I guess I'm wondering if there is anything out of the ordinary when wiring a metal boat .....Otherwise , I'm just going to follow a typical boat wiring scheme .... Thanks for your reply ....Jim

ricwing

Seaman Apprentice

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary,I now own a 21 seacraft,all the same

synthnut

Recruit

I got lucky ....I traced every wire , and they were actually all in good shape ....It appears that everything was OK in the boat , and while tracing wires , I realized that there was a main breaker that the 2 red hot wires went to that the terminals were completely rusted out ....Later down in the bilge area while tracing wires I found a red/black wire , and then found the red wire that was attached to the battery ... After tracing I realized that the only problem that the boat had , was poor wiring in the console, and the 2 main hot wires that were not connected because of the rusted out breaker !!
Thanks to all for thier help ... Everything works now ......Jim

PS....For those of you with Starcrafts ...I have a square Fuel gauge, and another round gauge right under it .....Is that a water temp gauge or ?????
There is a group of 5 wires in the console ....3 of the red,blue, and green and white striped wires go to the trim on the motor ....2 other wires go to this gauge ...Any idea's ? ....Right now the gauge reads in the middle ...No numbers or anything on it ....????....Thanks, Jim