1970 14' starcraft runabout

bronco

Recruit
Hi all, I am looking for info on this starcraft 14' closed bow runabout I just bought. mostly engine size, max weight. where I mite find parts like windshield moulding or a broucher. Anything to help me start a book on it because I will keep this boat forever, I just love it.

Thanks, bronco

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1970 14' starcraft runabout

I know what u mean about lovin ur Starcraft [see my Jupiter posting]... Now my boat tag on the side in front of my control box says: 1550 or 7 person which ever comes first, max. engine size is 85hp. I believe ur boat [if u don't have that rivited tag] would be maybe 1150lbs and posible a max engine size of 60hp or possibley 70hp... maybe only a max of 50hp. I am baseing this info. mearly on what my boat is rated for... have u tried Starcraft to see if they can help???

bronco

Recruit

I have looked all over the boat and haven't found the tag. And I emailed Starcraft but haven't gotten a reply, will email them agian. Thanks for your reply it gives me something to go on. It came with 3 engines 1 works 1 for parts the other one just needs some work good thing I can work on engines as these 3 are like late 50's and mid 60's. 15 and 18 hp.
Thanks again.

richock

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Bronco-
Does your boat look like mine? My tag is on the right hand side near where the controls should be or are. Maybe they covered up the tag with the cotroller? Well here's picture of my boat
http://richrock.com/media/albums/69_bahama/after_first_repairs/Picture 062.jpg
if it's the same I can get a god picture of my tag if you want, My model is a "bahama" and it's 14' 10" fibreglass.