2017 Splash of the Year nominations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
Its time we get nominations underway for this years Starcraft Splash Of The Year Award (SOTY) for Starcraft vessels declared as officially Splashed back into the water after significant refits, renovations, modifications, etc. All iboats Website members are invited to nominate their favorite Starcraft boat reported by their owners as having been splashed in 2017. I don't think it will be an issue this year but a maximum of 10 nominations will be accepted.

The Mod team has worked on drafting a set of guidelines and requirements to minimize the confusion and eliminate problems this year. These are listed below so please read over them carefully.

MOD DRAFTED RULES:

Conditions:

1: Restoration, rebuild, redo, rehab or re-worked project must have been well documented @ iboats forums. With good reference text and pix posts.

2; Nominated member must have been active prior to the nominations starting (end of Nov) AND be willing to commit to being active after winning PLUS agree to return and help manage next years SOTY process including paying for the next year's winner plates and plaque shipping.

3: It will NOT be an iboats sponsored award.

4: Members MUST have 5posts to vote in the SOTY poll. The Mod/admin team can and will look into voting irregularities, and has had to in the past.

5: This is not a popularity contest. It is stipulated that if you had a good buddy help on a resto, encourage him to join (the Iboats community) and vote. But not every random person (who you likely don't even know) who reads your posts on Facebook should be joining solely to vote. It will further be stipulated that ballot box stuffing, as deemed by the Mod team and iboats admins, will be dealt with. This includes removal of a nominated boat from consideration plus possible banning of the nominated member for unsportsmanlike conduct not in the spirit of the award.

6: This a nomination, voting and award by members: fellow peers here at iboats, that have followed a resto, probably assisted at some point along the way and want to recognize your hard work and dedication to completing your resto. Again, not a popularity contest open to voting for everyone that works where you do, the dominoes, square dancing or hockey group you're a member of or open to your Facebook, Twitter or other social media "friends ".

7: No 'self' nominated boats, boats must be nominated by another member.

8: Again, as noted above, this is NOT an iboats sponsored award or poll, and there should be no expectations otherwise.

9: SOTY winners may be contacted by iboats admin or corporate staff to possibly be featured in a newsletter at some future date. This is not a endorsement (paid or otherwise) of the boat or owner by iboats.* It should be a badge of pride to have been nominated, and is a great honor to be voted the*(7th annual) " Starmada Splash of the Year 2017 winner ".. Or the 2nd annual "Restoration Forum Splash Of The Year 2017 winner".

10. The nomination, win and plaque are the ONLY recognition or award. There is no award or prize of any kind from iboats.

Please post your nominations in this thread and paste a link to the owners rebuild thread. Please dont include pictures in this nominations thread. I will contact each of the nominees by Private Message to confirm that they wish to be entered in the award contest. I will add their info by updating this top-of-the-page post. Nominations up to a maximum of 10 will be accepted until midnight EST Jan 5, 2018.

After January 17, 2018, a new voting thread will be created that will show all nominees and a link to their rebuild thread for your review. As in past years, I expect that 1 or 2 pictures of each entry will be included in the voting thread, usually a before and after shot. You will be permitted one vote for your favorite boat that was splashed in 2017. Voting will end at midnight EST February 5, 2018.

Cheers! and Good Luck to the nominees

Nominees:

Candutch's 1981 SS 180 [accepted nomination]
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...-try-a-restore

Old Haven's 18ft Starchief [accepted]
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...aine-starchief

Jeff-n- Gail 1965 Jet [accepted nomination]
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ime-than-money

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks Dale!

Good luck to the nominees.

Post a nomination for your favorite Starcraft build and once they officially agree to the above terms their project will be listed at the bottom of the 1st post above.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
He turned down the nomination last year, but oldhaven Ron's 18' Starchief restoration was "finished" this year. I hope he would like to be considered, he did a bang up job on his boat with a major repower.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...aine-starchief

Z8E31Z6.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Old Haven and Candutch added to the list.

Make sure you touch base w the owners and make sure they are prepared to follow up as the winners as the host next next year

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I sent Rob a PM and link to this SOTY thread.

I'm a bit taken back by all of the thread views and no other nominations.

Glen thanks for the nomination, I really do appreciate it.

I strongly believe that the SOTY award should be once for each member as most only do one boat resto probably in their lifetime so I have to bow out of this one. I know it's not a rule and if others want to participate after a win it's not an issue at all.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Glen thanks for the nomination, I really do appreciate it.

I strongly believe that the SOTY award should be once for each member as most only do one boat resto probably in their lifetime so I have to bow out of this one.......
I removed you from the nominations. Very stand up to decide not to participate.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the nomination Rob, it's an honour just to be nominated with so many fine boats splashed. Sorry to hear that you withdrew yourself but I understand why even though I'd like to see you in it. There should be more nominations for sure. I will have to peruse the forum splashes when I get back from Vegas.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I'd like to nominate Jeff's 65 Jet. I will send him a PM. Maybe someone can help with the link, I can't figure it out.

ssdale

I second the nomination of Jeff's 65 Jet. Great effort and end result. I PM"d Jeff last week but never received a firm affirmation that he would participate, sooo I hope we hear from him. All great restos. Nice gesture Waterman and great job as usual. Dale

Jeff-n-Gail

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good evening all,
After the Thanksgiving holiday and an unscheduled Myrtle Beach getaway, I've had an opportunity to give some serious thought to the SOTY nomination that was brought to my attention. I never gave any consideration to the possibility of even being considered ,let alone, nominated for such an honor. I had a great time with my restoration mainly because I had stumbled upon a gold mine of knowledge that was genuinely interested and willing to share information and past experiences. I've decided to except the nomination, not because I think I can win, but because I believe in what you are all doing. It is wonderful to be able to share a journey with people you don't know who are enjoying the trip almost as much as you are.

ssdale

Well said Jeff! Glad you're willing to participate. Was hoping to hear from you.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
I would be pleased to accept the nomination of my Starchief for 2017 SOTY. It is quite an honor to be even considered considering the previous nominees and winners who did museum quality work. Mine falls more in the "functional, but never quite finished" category. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the Photobucket disaster will also disadvantage some very qualified projects that lost a good photo record of their efforts. Maybe a work around can be done. I hope more nominations can be suggested by our most active forum members even if they have already nominated a project. I am sure others would be willing to second the nominations. Thanks again.

Ron

jbcurt00

Staff member
The nominations will continue until Jan 17th.

So if there are any further nominations, post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.