My 1975 SuperSport with new floor/carpet/sliding doors/top/electrics

DJ_Allatoona

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got that old motor humming pretty nicely, too. Finally.

Video here:
kunhq
AnotherBaggyCentipede.webm
[video]https://streamable.com/kunhq[/video]

3g7Lzb6.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So the new fuel line made all the difference.

Did you change the stator/trigger, DJ?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks great and man do those old Mercs have a sweet hum.

DJ_Allatoona

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So the new fuel line made all the difference.

Did you change the stator/trigger, DJ?

Man, the new fuel line is NIGHT AND DAY. I'm happy to report zero problems now (knock on wood). Good idle, no random stalls, easy re-start after sitting. Every symptom that I thought was stator/trigger-related disappeared when that new fuel line went in. Hallelujah. I did buy that lifting ring and flywheel puller, though, for when I actually need it. Hopefully that's never.

Oh, and something else: I finally caved to the marketing hype and in a moment of weakness bought one of those hydrofoil/whale-tail/stabilizers that you bolt on to the cav plate. $50 at Academy. Had low expectations that some plastic gadget would shoot me out of the hole and onto plane faster. Also, my boat tends to porpoise if I don't start in just the right trim position and ride the button. I wish the company was paying me to say this, but that gadget works like a dream. I don't know how, and I don't care. Zoom, out of the hole and right onto plane with no bouncing. I'm a believer. The one I got is made by Stingray and attaches with two screws, no drilling.

Here's a video of the very first time I used it. First test: [url]https://streamable.com/3zb0h[/URL]

Winter projects on the list, for now anyway, are all cosmetic.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Lookin good, yeah I'm not a fan of those fins but if it works for you then that's all that matters. I can see how an SS in it's standard config would have light bow issues and need something to push it down. My SS has a bunch of weight up in the bow with the big TM and 24v battery system so I can trim the motor out until the prop blows and it won't ever porpoise.

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boat is looking good with clean lines. The bow on my SS is fairly light and need to play with the trim so it doesn't porpoise.

jdupree

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I really like your layout! My SS is a 1975 as well. Looks just like yours! I did away with the double back seats and want to go with pedestal seats like you have. Could you tell me how high are your pedestals? Where did you find your seats?

I am in the process of replacing the deck. Wanted to get an idea of how tall the pedestals need to be. Thanks in advance!

DJ_Allatoona

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boat is looking good with clean lines. The bow on my SS is fairly light and need to play with the trim so it doesn't porpoise.

I can't say enough about the difference before & after adding the fin. My porpoising went from aggravating to literally ZERO. It's a small investment that I'd suggest you try.

DJ_Allatoona

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I really like your layout! My SS is a 1975 as well. Looks just like yours! I did away with the double back seats and want to go with pedestal seats like you have. Could you tell me how high are your pedestals? Where did you find your seats?

I am in the process of replacing the deck. Wanted to get an idea of how tall the pedestals need to be. Thanks in advance!

Not much help, sorry. I don't know how high the seat pedestals are. They were there when I came along. They're not even identical.
Maybe this picture is helpful?

DvDb7a8.jpg