Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 10 AM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours (we are expected to be back up at 1:00 PM MST). Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

Please help with identifying an 80's Starcraft model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with identifying an 80's Starcraft model

I have been trying to identify a Starcraft model that in the 80's I spent a fair amount of time on as a child. I looked through the brochures and didn't find it, so I am thinking it is an 84 or 85 model. I also combed through most of "post a pic" pages as well as a google image search, so a photo may have evaded me. Some family friends owned it, but unfortunately asking them is not an option. I would like to locate one for purchase.

About the boat:

-Fiberglass hull (kind of tan-ish)
    -Closed bow, the doors leading to the cabin were wood.
    -IO
    -the unique feature (to me) was the swim platform. It may have been fiberglass as well and contoured upwards around the outdrive. I remember quite a few pieces of teak were screwed on to the platform.

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated!!!

My uncle had one like your talking about and im trying to remember the model, is it in the 16 to 18 foot range?
    Last edited by bwingler57; September 22nd, 2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

That is actually the problem...I don't have any photos. If I can figure out the model, then I might have better luck tracking down a photo of someone/anyone's model.

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic_boater View Post
        That is actually the problem...I don't have any photos. If I can figure out the model, then I might have better luck tracking down a photo of someone/anyone's model.

Try looking for the starcraft American

Comment

So does the boat have a cuddy cabin then?
          1979 V5 SS140 HP Merc ...... 1970 18' Chieftain IO restoration
          1978 16' SS160 SeaNymph .. 1970 Chieftain condensed version

Comment

It did have a cuddy cabin. It definitely was not an Islander, though. I am not sure if it was a rare model, or what. The owner was a dealer for Starcraft conversion vans in the 80s, so maybe the boat being a one-off isn't out of the question? Unlikely but possible, especially after an exhaustive search trying to find something comparable. If I come across a photo next time I'm at my parent's house, I will be sure to post it.

Comment

Working...
            X