what does the factory Super Spot have above the floor or seating in the bow

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
what is the factory covering on the inside of the hull up front on the open bow SS models. I see the kink edges of the aluminum hull in many photos of the super sports, meaning that it is painted, but I also see carpet glues to the inside sometimes. on the boat I am fixing up there is left over glued in carpet redisue. I was going to recarpet( I got the boat stripped, so I don't know if the carpet was actually there the last time it was done over...) but I am thinking ill need a lot of 3 d effect in my glue to get a good stick, unless I now start to sand the inside of the hull up there. I have the consoles mounted and the front deck made and carpeted but not installed... I was thinking to carpet first then the floor will give me a 3/4" cover up. but I am worried that the bow of the hull will cause a wrinkle in the adheshion of the carpet to the hull......what is the factory covering on the inside of the hull up front on the open bow SS models. I see the kink edges of the aluminum hull in many photos of the super sports, meaning that it is painted, but I also see carpet glues to the inside sometimes. on the boat I am fixing up there is left over glued in carpet redisue. I was going to recarpet( I got the boat stripped, so I don't know if the carpet was actually there the last time it was done over...) but I am thinking ill need a lot of 3 d effect in my glue to get a good stick, unless I now start to sand the inside of the hull up there. I have the consoles mounted and the front deck made and carpeted but not installed... I was thinking to carpet first then the floor will give me a 3/4" cover up. but I am worried that the bow of the hull will cause a wrinkle in the adheshion of the carpet to the hull......

I am talking about the area above the floor lip support. in the picture

2zpp004.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Some of us, me included clean up the glue mess and just lay in some primer n paint on the bow sides.

eMKay

Seaman
I'm just going to spray mine with stone paint, it was finished with nasty brown carpet.