Help IDing Starcraft 12ftr

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinOntheLake

Recruit
Re: Starcraft Hull Number???

PGL,
There are several of us here who live and breathe the whole Starcraft History thing. Basically due to having no life :) :)

Actually, we just like the old boats and have been trying to figure out the best way to date and assign a model name to the boats. So far the only way we have been able to acruately do that is by looking at several factors. If we can get our hands on the sales brochures (and between a couple of us we have most of the 60's and some of the 70's) we look at hull type (deep v, semi v, etc), length, transome height, width, and beleive it or not, factory paint color. Also in some models, windshields come into play. In the 60's, a particular model came in one color only and it changed each year. Sometimes there is a number in the boat serial number (60's and first half of the 70's) that will coincide with the year the boat was manufactured. Some of the hull id numbers from the 70's exhibit that trait also, but you can't go by hull id or serial number alone.

If you make some measurements and post them along with a couple good shots of the boat making sure you show a good shot of the stern, we can figure it out for you. The rest is just guess work and the folks at starcraft will tell you there is no Master list because the numbers don't really mean anything.

Hope this helps! Now, lets see them danged pictures:) :)

Hi North Beach:

In case you're following this thread, I'd love to get more info on the little Starcraft I bought a few weeks ago. It's 12' and a few inches long and 52" at the widest point. The seller said it's a 1987 with a hull ID # CL6399FC. I can't find any type of ID anywhere and that doesn't seem to be a post 70s Starcraft ID. Any ideas?

Thank you, and anyone else with input!! I'd love to hear any maintenance tips too....

Photos:

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Robin,
Your pix didnt attach, make 2 more random posts in this topic. Even if just
And
[Quote)For pix3[/quote]

Then you should be able to upload pix.

I know you're looking for help, but avoid posting in old, inactive topics.

Moved this out of an old topic and into a new 1

Welcome to iboats

North Beach

Commander
87 is getting a tad out of my comfortable time zone but I have a couple of 80's brochures so post up those picks and I'll give it a shot.

jbcurt00

Staff member
No rush NB, Robin hasnt been back since posting this. Not even to simply check for replies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.