thinking about putting a hard top on my 22 ft Holiday

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
been doing a lot of fishing and some has been a night... I like the bimini top...but it only offers sun and rain protection..i really cant set up lights or rod holders on it...so was thinking about a hardtop. found one on craigs pretty cheap. its a little bigger than I need, but I think I can cut it down easily and I can alter the front mount legs easily to fit the narrower width on my bow.. it came with a bunch of antenas( gps, VHF, and stereo?), two really nice outriggers, a radar head, the fish finder and the radar unit(bad I was told) and a bunch of rod holders!! weighs about 200 lbs Im guessing....the top is 6 ft wide and about 9 feet long... Im gonna have to beef uo the gunnels where I mount this thing....it has track for enclosures!!.....nice.... they damaged one leg removing it, but Ill fish that easy.

Attachments

• photo271883.jpg
    photo271883.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 4
  • photo271884.jpg
    photo271884.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo271885.jpg
    photo271885.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 2

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
At 9' long that will cover a lot of area. Looks like the legs will get it up pretty high.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks like you're doing a little more than thinking about the hardtop since you already brought it home.

I'm thinking that drop down box is going to catch you in the mug if not careful.

fetch

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Looks like you're doing a little more than thinking about the hardtop since you already brought it home.

I'm thinking that drop down box is going to catch you in the mug if not careful.

fetch

yeah..it will be close... the depth of the starcraft is about 29" the legs on the hardtop are 60" vertically.... that's 89" the box looks to be about 10-12 "... Im 75" tall!!!

it will be close.... I got the hard top cheap and will probably sell the high end outriggers for what I paid for the whole deal!.....if its unfeasible...I could flip the hardtop... its about 200 lbs...I was thinking of cutting it down to 3/4 of the size it is now...

anyone got pictures of starcrafts with hardtops like this...a while back near me there was a 22ft V5 mariner with a hardtop..... looked nice.