Sylvan offshore that wants to be a Starcraft

Ejipner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just picked up a 1980 sylvan offshore 19' with a 110 Johnson OB. I traded my trusty sportcraft center console, the motor was a 2000 Johnson 50hp(the most reliable motor I have ever had) but the transom was on its way out and being a glasser that meant probably a lot more was going then just that. The offshore isn't in as good shape, the motor needs some tinkering and I need to overhaul the floors and the transom before I can even get back on the water. I think I made a good grade for the long run because with little work I hope to have a boat I can take out for the rest of the summer, and this winter to do the real overhaul it needs. I will upload pics and ask for advice.

Ejipner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for the delay, my internet was not working fast enough to upload. Still processing. Can someone help me with the best way to do the imgur. I am just copy paste the link. Is that the preferred method?

Ejipner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The inside is fine though. Do I need to replace the wood on the outside or can I just go aluminum

Ejipner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The floor is two floors and one is shot the other is fine, I will replace them both.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Post the "BBCode" link. It will be bracketed by these tags:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The floor is two floors and one is shot the other is fine, I will replace them both.

Yeah someone double decked the boat putting new plywood over the rotten stuff. typical slop job.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Most of us omit the wood on the outside of the transom. In my opinion it only serves to eventually be crushed my the motor's forces which loosens the fasteners and allows water intrusion. Newer boat don't have it.

Ejipner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Most of us omit the wood on the outside of the transom. In my opinion it only serves to eventually be crushed my the motor's forces which loosens the fasteners and allows water intrusion. Newer boat don't have it.

That's what I was thinking thank you for the input. Any more suggestions are appreciated. Going to tear into it next week

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I traded the motor pad on my SS for a plate of AL, mainly to cover up non BIA pattern bolt holes from a Chrysler dorm fridge and to hide some minor pitting caused by the wood pad.

y4mxW3sV_34EINp2FBGTjo6lkC2xxZQSQYf4JOEMtvO_3W_5z3NdrJP-kI5J2e6voUS4GWUurDxp74HONISMYRSQqXEd25AlSpfg8f26EfG3vBeDZRYwevmFr8x8AqBbqV6LNiNFq1iIShvkMeIIpIIyzdkatCPKDt1HkVOxXIu9mHfiqNTiehxLq4qw8qRFYBzI7rajvA_vKgM0Q0TkZ13HQ