Photo bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerII

Admiral
I'm not sure if any of you have run into this yet, a couple of guys on a car sight I'm on have. Once you reach a limit on your account all your linked photos are locked and blocked from all your posts, unless you pay the fee's to open them back up.
This is what shows up in place of all your photos

pedal_zpsgpj9nrfq.jpg

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Do they warn you that you are near the limit and what will happen when you do hit the limit?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just another reason not to use FB. No, I didn't know that was their policy, but I did find out that once you post any picture to FB, you can't move it to any other place without dropping the posted picture on here. I initially posted some pictures to FB and then after a while decided to move them to different directories to help keep things organized. Well I loss all those connection on here. So I stopped using any photo storage option and post directly from my laptop. Then the pictures stay with the thread until iboats drops them..if they ever do. :noidea:

I just set my digital camera to take less then 700kb pictures, transfer them to my different directories on my laptop and post them here directly. Works so easy. Oh, and I do periodical backups of my laptop as well.

Not saying anybody else should follow my method, only offering it if anybody wants to. It just makes things easier for my! JMHO

gm280

Supreme Mariner
GM... are you referring to Face Book or Photo Bucket?

Sorry, my fault. I am talking about Photo Bucket, but it seem I used FB instead. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. :facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have been using PB almost exclusively for over 5.5yrs, and have thousands of pix hosted there. I use it on all of the forums I frequent, and it works on all their forum platforms, even though they all offer an upload option, they are all done differently.

Knowing the files and directories system PB uses, I dont move them once loaded to PB.

I dont even use 10% of my allowable 10.2GB free storage on PB, and when iboats crashed, more then once in my time here, none of my PB posted pix were lost.

So I dont know why your buddy is getting that throttling message Glen. I have my acct setup to auto-resize my pix AND dont use the linked to my PB acct method to post the pix. Just the code, not the optional active link [URL] clickable pix.

Use whatever works best for you, but since nearly the beginning, PB has worked better for me, I will continue to use it and recommend it as my preferred method. YMMV

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Edit: never mind.

FWIW, imgur is unlimited, free, has fewer ads, and it's really easy to copy the BBCode from the dropdown menu. I've been using it since I started posting here and all my images still work.

dozerII

Admiral
I have been using PB almost exclusively for over 5.5yrs, and have thousands of pix hosted there. I use it on all of the forums I frequent, and it works on all their forum platforms, even though they all offer an upload option, they are all done differently.

Knowing the files and directories system PB uses, I dont move them once loaded to PB.

I dont even use 10% of my allowable 10.2GB free storage on PB, and when iboats crashed, more then once in my time here, none of my PB posted pix were lost.

So I dont know why your buddy is getting that throttling message Glen. I have my acct setup to auto-resize my pix AND dont use the linked to my PB acct method to post the pix. Just the code, not the optional active link [URL] clickable pix.

Use whatever works best for you, but since nearly the beginning, PB has worked better for me, I will continue to use it and recommend it as my preferred method. YMMV[/QUOTE]

jb like you I have a wack of photos on PB and have not had a problem, but the fellow on the car site has had all his photos locked with the above symbol. He has a lot of photos.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nothing keeping a guy from making a new account with a different email, multiple accounts may be against their EULA but not if you don't read it. :lol:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you size your pictures to less then 700kb, you can post directly here and never have to worry about any third party locking your pictures for ransom. If this site crashes, then so be it. I have the original copies on my laptop and backed up on USB drives. Easy Peasy.

Alumarine

Captain
I just checked and my PB images here are blocked as well.
I don't think it's a limit thing.

According to this link http://photobucket.com/p500/
If you've linked your PB photos on a forum such as this then they want you to upgrade.
I think it's $39 a month.
They've dropped the ball I think.

I stopped using PB awhile ago as I found the ads made it virtually unusable anyway.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, sorry fellas, going to be a hassle and process to adjust to PBs crazy rate hike.

39 per month or 399 annually. Nope

I apologize Glen, but we can probably get by w just 1 Oh Carp PB is flipping crazy and What now? topic:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/other...ageous-charges

Thanks

Closed

Yours isnt the only extra PB topic that I closed

Status
Not open for further replies.