1983 starcraft islander bow cap(casting)

poortenga

Cadet
I am repairing the bow on my 1983 starcraft islander and need a replacement bow cap(casting) Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Scott

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah an end cap for your Islander might be tough to find, maybe set your sights a little lower like finding bigfoot or some hens teeth. :lol:

All kidding aside the only way to find one would be to watch ebay, CL and any other site you can think of that sells parted out boat items like that.

So what's the story behind your cap coming up MIA?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Or you could call SmokerCraft (Starcrafts current parent company) and ask if they'll maybe sell you 1.....

Supposedly 1 member, out of hundreds, was able to deal directly w Starcraft via SmokerCraft and get parts. I cant verify it, and they choose to not share the specifics....

If you have the rear transom stern caps for reference, a metal fab shop might be able to fab up a decent replica bow cap out of 1/4 plate aluminum

Please dont start multiple topics about the same subject. Here in the SC forum is the best place to ask, I deleted the duplicate over in the resto forum
Good luck w your hunt and remember Iboats isnt a swap or for sale site.

poortenga

Cadet
If you must know, I ran the boat into a break wall in a no wake zone. Just enough speed to crush the bow cap. I haven't had a sniff of this part on ebay but will keep watching.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Did the cap fall off and sink or do you have it in a couple pieces? Reason I ask is I had a transom end cap ripped off my Chief last fall and I was able to go back and recover it this spring. I did a little write up on the adventure in my thread. It was in 2 pieces and I was able to repair it.

I just did a Google search for aluminum boat bow cap and see there's a bunch of them out there, they may not be the exact one but maybe one would work for you.

poortenga

Cadet
Thanks. I have the ability to weld aluminum so maybe I just need to fabricate something ugly. An original would be so much nicer though.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Get a pix and a handful of dimensions from Watermann or another member w a big SC and see what you can fab up.

Spend some time and make a nice looking facsimile..... then sell them on ebay. Stern transom corners too..... They are both an often missing part...

Just remember Iboats isnt a swap or for sale site, so no offers in the open forum.

North Beach

Commander
If they're the same as the ones on all the 60's and 70's big boats then I still have two of them in good condition. Go to the starcraft parts thread and look for the pic I posted and if it will work, send me a message.