late 70s and early 80s starcraft SS180 dimensions

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
what is the width of the 180SS windshield side to side at the base( on the console)?

anyone know? appreciate the info..... have a windshield in mind need to know if it is the same as what the factory used

bob

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not sure my 79 18' V5 model would help any but let me know and I'll take some measurements for you Bob.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Not sure my 79 18' V5 model would help any but let me know and I'll take some measurements for you Bob.

I have this feeling the V5 was a WIDER beamed boat..... I guess if you measured the beam AND the windshield.... that would help...if the beam was the same... then the windows info would be valid for me.....

thanks

bob

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
65.5 inches at front. That is the straight across measurement as the windshield sweeps back a bit.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
ok thanks..... that's what I need.... it looks like your beam might be about an inch wider than mine...but I guess you can stretch them out....my measure from gunnel drip rail to gunnel drip rail is 65.5" you look like you have about a 1/4" past the windshield frame still...putting your gunnel drip rail to gunnel drip rail at about 66"..... so know I know the factory window uses all the width it can!!!...I found a 58" windshield......but there would be a significant gap that not like the original.... I could live with maybe 1.5 Gap......from window frame to gunnel drip edge....

thanks again

bob

Watermann

Yeah way different design than my V5 SS, my windshield goes way out to the center of the gunnels and I see the regular SS the WS stays on the console.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Yeah way different design than my V5 SS, my windshield goes way out to the center of the gunnels and I see the regular SS the WS stays on the console.

yeah, I went back and looked up your ss project thread and the consoles go out through the gunnel!!! or over it.... to the outside of the beam! whole different animal that the non V5 18ft ss!!....not sure if the windshield is the same or not.... I would guess its wider..... if its the same width windshield that would mean the V 5 beam is narrower... and I doubt that!!!

BOB

Watermann

Beam is 82.12 inches on a V5 18'r and the regular SS is 81 inches so little difference. It's the shape that's different mainly the sharper V of the bow and deadrise.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Beam is 82.12 inches on a V5 18'r and the regular SS is 81 inches so little difference. It's the shape that's different mainly the sharper V of the bow and deadrise.

well it looks like it obvious the windshield is WIDER than the reg SS...... your windshield has to go about 74-75" wide!!!

do all 18ft ss V5s have consoles like yours? its always possible people modify things over the years... I know I have modified a few boats.....heck I fabbed up a bunch of a stuff on my 22 ft V5 holiday, because a lot was missing when I got the boat!

Watermann

Yeah I think they're all pretty much the same as far as 18' SS consoles go, just I've seen have some fancy more appointments and badges that mine didn't seem to have.