1968 Starcraft Star Trek-V 15' project

pkmach1

Recruit
Picked up a fun little project the other day. Found a 1968 Star Trek-V 15', which from looking through this forum it appears it is fairly uncommon. The boat is basically a shell, no outboard, flooring, console, or steering controls. My plan is to just make it into a nice little fishing rig for me and my sons to take to some of the nearby lakes. Most of the lakes we go to require electric trolling motors only, so I am just going to get it rigged up for a trolling motor. Once winter hits I will clean up the exterior and get it painted. Along the way one of the previous owners replaced the transom and reattached in some interesting ways, so that could also be a winter project, but for now it is solid enough to handle a trolling motor. Should be an interesting project and I am glad I found this site.

pkmach1

Recruit
I will post pics as soon as I hit three posts. I couldn't figure out for the longest time why it wouldn't let me. I guess I should have read the instructions

pkmach1

Recruit
I will also add - it is missing the original starboard (right) transom end cap. It has a self fabricated thing (best way to describe it) in its place. It does have the port side original one. I saw the ones listed on ebay - but would prefer they match. Is there a classified place that would be best to list the original one I have if I wanted to just buy a new pair?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Great little fishing boat for smaller bodies and it looks in decent shape on that side anyway. :lol: Now that emblem is cool, I've never seen one like that before.