Congratulations 2016 Starcraft Splash of the Year Winner ssdale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
Still have to pinch myself to believe I actually got to this place. I enjoyed your project also and much more useful!

​I like your idea of a final vote-off of the 12 recipients to see who gets to keep the plaque, although i'm sure it would be a nightmare for the moderators

Well I am doing my part in central USA to promote the forum. The local car club published this on their website, facebook, and newsletter. Makes me uncomfortable to be tooting my own horn like this, but it is kinda fun to see others really show an interest in our hobby. It got a bunch of people pulling up pics of old boats on their phones and re-living some good memories. Hoping this motivates someone to finish their project for next years SOTY! Thanks again to ALL.
​Dale

River City Cruisers, Hermann, Missouri:

One of our members, Dale Gloe was recently honored for his efforts in restoring a 1959 Star Craft Super Constellation boat. Dale acquired the boat in 2011 and in December of 2016 received the Splash of the Year (SOTY) award from forum members of the iboat Starcraft Boats Forumhttp://

Thanks again to ALL!
Dale

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey Dale do you have any pics and stories to share of being on the water, I bet you get lots of comments at the lake.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
The short answer is no pics. The only nice lakes are Mark Twain and Lake of the Ozarks, both are unfortunately almost 2 hours away. So unfortunately I am relegated to the muddy gasconade river(a tributary to the even muddier Missouri River) both of which have had record flooding last month and no one there is in a good mood. I trailered her to the ramp and ran the motor, but didn't put in because of the debri. Any pic that I have looks just like the ugly splash photos I posted in the resto thread.
​The rivers are finally going down and hopefully will clean up a bit so that I can give her some exercise. I also hope to get a Sunday this Summer to take her up to Mark Twain.

As a farmer, my free time when the weather is right is limited.

​She has been mostly a trailer queen at our local festivals and believe me, people really react!. This weekend she will be on display behind my T-bird at the local Crusade for Cancer, held at the high end of the Riverfront Park.

​I am envious of all you guys who are out on beautiful water all the time.
Dale

jbcurt00

Staff member
In the absence of water pix, towed to a car show pix might hold over the more ravenous Starmadians.

You dont want this bunch showing up for Sunday dinner:
designall.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah we have a couple smaller rivers like that right now, chocolate water full of junk is not good for me either. 2 hours doesn't sound like a long trip to good water, what 90 - 100 miles is all. Heck I do that on the water in the Chief on some outings. :lol:

Yeah some trailer queen pics would suffice for now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.