• Memphis117 - Jupiter 16'

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
The time has come for my fellow forum members to cast your vote for one of these fine Starcraft restoration projects that was splashed during 2016. The winner will take home the coveted and well traveled SOTY plaque to have and hold until the 2017 winner is picked. There is also a keeper plaque in the deal too.

The poll will remain open for 10 days until January 15, 12 am EST 2017.

This year there are 5 great entries from some awesome folks who gave their Starcraft boats a new lease on life. Below is a picture of their completed rebuild and a link to their thread. (in no particular order)

Good luck to all the nominees and congratulations on your excellent restorations!

ssdale - 1959 16' Super Constellation

CBGale - 1978 SS 16' Rustoration

g0nef1sshn - 1977 16' Starcraft ss

natemeins - 1971 Starcraft Sprint V15 RestoMod

Memphis117 - Jupiter 16'

4c90cf7e-a859-4d5c-998f-1869ee57c8fa_zps5v5ungvh.jpg

Please note:
Here are some of the rules and guide lines of the award process:

1: Restoration, rebuild, redo, rehab or re-worked project must have been well documented @ iboats forums. With good reference text and pix posts.

2; Nominated member must have been active prior to the nominations starting (end of Nov) AND be willing to commit to being active after winning PLUS agree to return and help manage next year’s SOTY process including paying for the next year's winner plates and plaque shipping.

3: It will NOT be an iboats sponsored award.

4: Members MUST have 5posts to vote in the SOTY poll. The Mod/admin team can and will look into voting irregularities, and has had to in the past.

5: This is not a popularity contest. It is stipulated that if you had a good buddy help on a resto, encourage him to join (the Iboats community) and vote. But not every random person (who you likely don't even know) who reads your posts on Facebook should be joining solely to vote. It will further be stipulated that ballot box stuffing, as deemed by the Mod team and iboats admins, will be dealt with. This includes removal of a nominated boat from consideration plus possible banning of the nominated member for unsportsmanlike conduct not in the spirit of the award.

6: This a nomination, voting and award by members: fellow peers here at iboats, that have followed a resto, probably assisted at some point along the way and want to recognize your hard work and dedication to completing your resto. Again, not a popularity contest open to voting for everyone that works where you do, the dominoes, square dancing or hockey group you're a member of or open to your Facebook, Twitter or other social media "friends ".

7: No 'self' nominated boats, boats must be nominated by another member.

8: Again, as noted above, this is NOT an iboats sponsored award or poll, and there should be no expectations otherwise.

9: SOTY winners may be contacted by iboats admin or corporate staff to possibly be featured in a newsletter at some future date. This is not a endorsement (paid or otherwise) of the boat or owner by iboats.* It should be a badge of pride to have been nominated, and is a great honor to be voted the (6th annual) " Starmada Splash of the Year 2016 winner ".. Or the first ever "Restoration Forum Splash Of The Year winner".

10. The nomination, win and plaque are the ONLY recognition or award. There is no award or prize of any kind from iboats.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Wow I thought the last few Starcraft SOTY's were tough. This years fleet is outstanding and it will be a tough choice for me. Good luck everybody you've all done an amazing job on your crafts. They all turned out great!

southkogs

Staff member
I have to admit all the teasing I give the Starmada is pure admiration. Y'all do some BEAUTIFUL builds. All of these are great and I love the "Red Two" reference!! Awesome.

Congratulations to all of you, and best wishes on a solid win!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Super nice work from the Starmada side once again this year! :thumb:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Phenomenal work Mates! You should be super proud as your builds are all winners IMO.:clap2:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I was going to enter a StarCraft we reno'd this past winter and spring. But the owner turned out to be someone that doesn't pay his bills. No awards for that. Plus he didn't join like I suggested. It really turned out great though.

Great looking jobs each and everyone, this is going to be tough.

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks like we have a runaway this year, those nail biters cause too much stress. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome boat boats by everyone this year, congrats to all the nominee's

Tnstratofam

Commander
Tough decision! All are outstanding builds. Everyone did fantastic work.

You all have done the Starmada proud.:thumb:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Gosh y'all made it hard to choose !! It's a shame only one can win !!! Everyone is deserving of top honors !!
Congrats Starmada !!! Looking forward to next years resto's !!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Poll is now closed

Thanks to all the nominees and those that voted

hayko1971 will start a Congrats topic to officially name the Starcraft SOTY winner, although from the start, pretty decisive win.

Status
Not open for further replies.