Mariner/ Star Trek

Anybody know if the 1973 Star Trek 18 hull and the Mariner 18 hull are the same hulls with different floor plans?
They look to be the same from the info I am finding on line but without a side by side comparison it is hard for me to tell.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The 2 are very similar being a center console type and SC didn't make too many variations in the hull design between boats of the same size at least from my experience.

Do you have a Star Trek?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
He does have a StarTrek judging by the PWC type seating shown in his other thread. The brochure for 1971 has the same dimensions for both the 18' StarTrek and Mariner, so the same hull with different floor plans seems reasonable.

The 2 are very similar being a center console type and SC didn't make too many variations in the hull design between boats of the same size at least from my experience.

Do you have a Star Trek?

Yes I just recently purchased a 1973 Star Trek 18.
I saw how similar the two were while looking through all the mariner threads and was curious.
Trying to decide what to do with the layout right now. My initial intention was to strip it out and make it a side console to open the floor up for fishing. The way it is laid out now the floor is divided in half and not conducive for fishing. I might consider keeping it as a center console but installing a different steering console and getting rid of the rear bench.
In a quandary now as there seems to be so few Star Treks around.

He does have a StarTrek judging by the PWC type seating shown in his other thread. The brochure for 1971 has the same dimensions for both the 18' StarTrek and Mariner, so the same hull with different floor plans seems reasonable.

I think it is reasonable assumption as well . that semi circle front deck is unique to both hulls. and from the specs they look identical.
I will have to get a project thread started over here in the Starcraft section.
I didn't know there was a Starcraft section when I posted my earlier thread.

dave 524

Seaman
Anybody know if the 1973 Star Trek 18 hull and the Mariner 18 hull are the same hulls with different floor plans?
They look to be the same from the info I am finding on line but without a side by side comparison it is hard for me to tell.

In 82 I bought a 18 Sylvan center console Rodmaster essentially a Starcraft hull. I chose it over an 18 Starcraft Mariner because of the slighty larger dimensions. The Sylvan was built on the same hull as the Sportster , I recall it having a beam of 82" while the 18 Mariner had only 78", little longer as well at 18 foot 5 as opposed to 18 foot 1 and somewhat deeper as well. Also had a built in 15 gallon tank while the Mariner ran off of cans. The 18 Mariner not the same hull as the rest of the 18 foot Starcrafts and maybe this Star Trek is larger as well as I have no personal knowledge of that model in Canada.