Common problems with a year 2000 expedition 2290

74chevy4life

Recruit
Hey all I am new here as you can obviously tell.... I am not very familiar with Starcraft boat and I am going to look at one Friday and was wondering if anyone one had experience with a expedition 2290? Any common problems i should be aware of before considering this boat? Or anything I should pay particular attention too?
Thanks for the advice in advance
-Doug

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard :wave:

As with any boat condition is key. If the boat shows that the previous owner cared little for the boat and left it to the elements for years then I would pass it up. 16 years of wear and tear is one thing but neglect will be obvious as the interior will be badly weathered and the decking could have soft spots, possibly even decked over with new plywood and covering. If it's an I/O config which is most likely check the outside transom assembly for some kind of sealer goop around the outer edge of the transom assembly where it meets the transom. That's a sign of a bad transom that is compromised by water leaking in.

Here's a checklist for you to look over.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...eeding-help-buying-a-boat-a-buyer-s-checklist

74chevy4life

Recruit
Thanks for the pointer and the link to the checklist
And it has a mercury 225 optimax outboard motor