What kind of Starcraft is this?

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I'm interested in approaching the owner about selling this boat in his back yard, but want to know as much as possible before broaching the subject. The registration expired early 2005, so I'm thinking it's been sitting a while.
What can you tell me about this boat?

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
You're not getting any response because a) we don't know what the model is and b) it's a fiberglass boat. Most Starcrafts, and pretty much all of the project boats in this sub-forum, are aluminum. That boat you're interested in will likely need a tremendous amount of time and money put into it to make it safe and usable, like new stringers and transom, a complete fiberglass gut job.

That's why we look for the aluminum models.

That boat is no different than any old glass boat, basically worth the value of the engine and trailer. Especially since it's been out in the weather...the wood is all likely rotten.

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Very good points. I really like the lines of this little boat, but I really don't need a major restoration project right now.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Chances are she's one of the Starcrafts designed by Art Carlson. I think SC only made them roughly in the 1981-83/4 timeframe.

The answer is in your pics.

csx.PNG

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I tried to capture the data plate but couldn't really read it. Didn't want to get caught reaching over the fence. 😳