Starcraft 16' Super Sport V Restoration (On a Shoe string buget!)

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I find it funny that you grab a boat and all someone can say is, "nice windsheild" the things we do for boats. I can't understand your wife's frustration? It makes perfect sense to me. Maybe bring the donors home one at a time from now on, if you get rid of this one quick you can score extra points with her and soften the blow when the next screaming donor deal floats by.

EDIT: what are those swivel bracket do dohickies on the gunnels? Trying to figure out what on earth they would be used for.

If you are meaning the black things mounted to the inside gunnels of the glasser. I think the are rod holders. :thumb:

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well warm weather has helped me get started back on the Starcraft since I do not have a Hanger to work on it. But I've had a few people volunteering to help work on it, So I gotta get this free labor when I can which means ASAP! I will be asking many questions and re-reading many threads. One question I have is... When everyone is building their front and rear decks they the use rivits to bond/hold the Al. frame work together. Is this a preference to welding for flex or is it nobody has a way to weld AL.? I figure someon has a Tig Rig or an AL. spool gun... Just one of many questions to come... I also have many rants about the PO and some of his work/rigging.(I want to shake him and ask WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS????) I will be posting a few pics. of my heart burn will him soon. Would like to think everyone so far with their posts, info. and their own Resto. threads. The info. and help are priceless!!!!! :thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welding the framework is not an option if you have vinyl decking below and next to the AL you're assembling. I used solid rivets and then some blinds where I couldn't get solids in but I made sure the blinds were not taking any load stress in the areas used.

Yeah man we all have a level of hatred for the PO of our boats. I just hope someday someone comes here with one of my boats saying the same things we do about POs. :lol:

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Okay... I didn't want to hijack anyones thread so I'll ask in my thread.... I've been away for a couple months, stop back in, Watermann's thread is the 1st one, click on it to see what happen with his 18 SS and all the pics. are gone!!!! I read the photo bucket wants money???? Then I come to my thread and can see all of my pics that I have posted using photo bucket. What's going on?????

Tnstratofam

Commander
Apparently some accounts either posted their pics differently or had used up more storage than others. My pics are still around for now, but that could change. I believe people are going to have to either upload directly to iboats or use imager or flicker to post pics unless they want to pay photobucket's prices.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Well iboats is going to open up the edit feature for us to go and replace the pics in our threads. I'm not going to use another free photo host and have it happen again, think I'm going to use OneDrive, it's MS and 5 gigs of space. I've tested it out and it works great so far.