What model is my Starcraft

image_253505.jpg Hello all!! First post here, this is my 72 16ft Starcraft jetstream ? Jupiter? I'm not sure, title lists it as 15'9" but no model. Manufacturers plate is gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
The post a pix of your StarCraft topic isn't a great place to discuss models. If you want to post a pix of it there, please do.

Moved to a topic of your own Ryanjoejustin

If it's actually 15ft 9in it isn't a Jet or Jetstream. Viscount maybe, and I doubt it's a 1972, no matter what the title says. 1972 SCs were smooth sided, no laplines.

That's what I suspected, thanks for moving it. I also checked the brochures thread before posting and nothing in 72 looked like mine, so is it possibly a 68?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Starcraft.jpg

1967 or 1967 Nassau

Color is a key factor, assuming yours is factory original paint. They only offered a boat model in 1 color each year, and only for that year. That looks like the exact same green as yours.

I tried to move your dash pix post to this topic, when it moved, the pix got lost. Please repost the dash pix and the outboard info.......

It's has a 1968 johnson 40 horse electric start out board with the manual. Motor runs great, paint is original, never been painted

jbcurt00

Staff member
Unless you got an impression from the seller to be suspicious, the title was probably done in error, but good faith.

1972 was the year boats started having a HIN, Hull Id Number, similar to a cars VIN. It was probably sold after 1972, or all boats were required to get a HIN by the state at some point and their method of assigning a year for older boats was to choose to title them as 1972s.

Happens all the time. I bought a 1960 boat that was registered as a mid 60s, but from a no title state. It clearly wasnt a mid 60s. That boats styling was only used for 2 or 3 years and it was drastically different after 1962.

Only matters if it matters to you. It isnt easy to change a title in some states. In others its not too bad.

I had to jump thru hoops here in WV to title it, regardless of the registration,, so when I jumped, I jumped thru enough to just get new title and registration for it as a 1960 boat.

Where are you located? Buy it from out of state? If so, what state?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was thinking Nassau as I went from the first to last post.

Can you get a pic of the inside and the rear under the splashwell?

Welcome aboard, RJJ.

image_253516.jpg Thank you to everyone who has responded, From the brochure posted its a Nassau dead on, carpet and floor have been replaced by the previous owner who had it garage kept for 20 years, it's in great shape, the original paint is still shines. Live in Michigan, bought in michigan. Previous owner seemed like a honest strait forward guy, it was a family fishing boat

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looks just like mine. Two sliding doors with the fixed perforated aluminum center section. Other than the green paint (mine is blue) and striped vinyl (light blue), the same boats. You should have 3 knee braces under the splashweel.

You even still have the pulley and cable steering like I do. My '66 has a different steering wheel.

The front rear facing scoop ducting just goes beneath the deck a few inches, not to the back of the boat.

I tow mine with a Jeep too. :D

In light of this info, the boats name will be "calico Jack" in honor of the pirate with ties to Nassau county Florida, and the first pirate to use the skull and crossbones flag,

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome to iboats and the Tin-sanity. Come on in, the water's fine..... try the MBS* cool-aid......

Look around, lots of great tin boat work going on here.

FYI, when you upload pix, look to the right of the pix file name after you upload them. If you click

Full Size

the server will insert your pix into a post so they are IN your post rather then attachments that have to be opened to be viewed, and can only be seen 1 at a time. Thats how I inserted them into your posts for you..... or use a 3rd party host site, which is how I post most pix for all the online forums I frequent.

Pix help
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum-rules-and-guidelines/9938375-photo-upload-tutorial

Multiple
Boat
Syndrome