Can anyone identify the year and model?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Match to me means exactly the same color. If you are repainting, close is just as good.

Lower

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That bluish color has to be fairly common for that era I'll just have to start digging I suppose

jbcurt00

Staff member
You arent likely to find it off the shelf, unless fairly close is close enough, nor a paint code for anything similar from other boat makers of that era. Not sure what you meant by
start digging

You plan to paint it yourself?

Several have mixed their own oil based enamel to get close to that color Woodonglass and sphelps both did.

Woodonglass also has a great tutorial on painting your boat, the pre-prep and paint info. I'll let him link it. And he can probably help you get some paint on hand, in a few colors, then walk you theu mixing up a batch DIY to see if its close enough to your liking.

Depending on what system you plan to paint with, you might get a closer match having a paint place color match it.

Lower

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's exactly what I meant, digging to see what others have done.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
What type paint are you planning on using ?
I got pretty much that same color by mixing Ford blue, JD green and white oil based enamel from tractor supply . Also used the enamel hardener with it .
If you go with a auto type paint then like jbc suggested they could match it for you ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This is the color I came up with ... I was trying to match the seats ..

Lower

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I haven't got that far yet I was trying to figure out the steps so come warmer weather I'd be ready :) that is a great looking boat thanks for the advice!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Oil Base Acrylic paint sold at all Artist supply places is a good way to match paint colors. For your blue, Sphelps is spot on. A Royal blue, Grass Green and
white will get you started. Use the Blue as the BASE color and then add calculated measured quantities of the while and green until you get it as close as you can. Make sure and keep track of the measured amounts so you can replicate it with the REAL Paint.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Here's what I got by mixing 3 parts white with 1.5 parts Ford Tractor Blue...
Photo0270.jpg