1967 Starcraft Starchief rebuild

Mike B 1979

Cadet
Lots of work done on her already I see with the custom dog house and AL decking. What sort of flotation is under the deck?

Not sure. I plan on removing all AL decking tomorrow. Guess we'll find out, my suspicion is their is no flotation under the deck. If their isn't any, how would I add some? Spray foam?

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Not sure. I plan on removing all AL decking tomorrow. Guess we'll find out, my suspicion is their is no flotation under the deck. If their isn't any, how would I add some? Spray foam?

jackpot on that aluminum deck! :thumb:

the vast majority of us use pink or blue foam insulation boards; it won't absorb water like polystyrene and won't trap water like pour-in/expanding.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
This is what I did.

foam blocks1.jpg

Attachments

• foam blocks1.jpg
    foam blocks1.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 3

Mike B 1979

Cadet
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. My boat is in storage for winter, I probably won't get much done until next year.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
We''l be hanging around here when you get back at it.

Forgot to add that over winter is a good time to not only study up here but to shop for parts and spread out the cost over the winter. Maybe have a Christmas list for some new boat parts!