78 star craft ss ocean?

Vasya

Recruit
Moving to Hawaii can I use MY 78 STARCRAFT ss out in the ocean around the island ? Or should I sell it

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
You can use it!. As long as your familiar with boating in the ocean. But i would take a few charters out to get local knowledge before learning on your own. Oahu has some different terrain than i am used to on the east coast and the seas change alot based on wind and moutain ranges. Calm in one are and churned up in others. Ive seen small boats out there but they know the water they are on.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What size SS do you have? If trailered and the salt water rinsed off it after use should be good for many years of service.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Won't the shipping cost be prohibitive?

Would the money for selling it now, plus the savings for not shipping it buy another one in Hawaii?

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Used boats in hawaii are pricey from what i remember. And if the poster is military they may be able to have it shipped there free or atleast pay a lil out of pocket. Unless things have changed in the last 5 years.

They may only ship it one way though. Cant really remember how my friend had it done in 2012.