Starcraft pasture rescue

coachbill

Cadet
Hello. As far as progress I am at a temporary stand still untill I do a enclosed trailer project for a friend. Just a week long job and I'll be back in the boat. How hard was the splash well removal.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hello. As far as progress I am at a temporary stand still untill I do a enclosed trailer project for a friend. Just a week long job and I'll be back in the boat. How hard was the splash well removal.

Just need a drill with a 3/16" bit to drill out some rivets.

Watermann

I went so far as to completely disassemble my SW into pieces and replaced all the rivets that hold it together. I didn't have any cracks in my SW but to repair them would be easier to have it out of the boat. My SW is different but besides the attachments to the transom there's just 3 rivets on each gunnel after you remove the rub rails. The rub rails have bolts that hold them on, you just have to remove enough of the bolts to allow the SW to come out.

coachbill

Cadet
Sorry its been so long since i posted on the boat. Sadly It hasn't progressed from its previous state of disassembly. I had an accident at work last year 11/2015 and it banged me up pretty good. The docs have been waiting for me to heal to do the three surgeries i need to kinda put me back together. During that time is when I found and started on the boat with the help of my sons. Well 1 surgery down two to go. The Boat is still out there waiting patiently for me to restart its rebuild and I look forward to restarting this summer.

Watermann

Hey Bill welcome back. Hang around the forum some and stay in the loop with other projects. Check out the SOTY thread too.