71' Offshore-V 18 - Prize Catch

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Man oh man that bow section of decking is one of the toughest to cut, looks like a perfect job to me! :thumb:
Thanks WM, I'm not a carpenter by any means but I can pretend. Most of the cuts I did with a jigsaw. Sand some of the edges and I'm ready to seal up.

Now to get the hull cleaned and prepped.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Very cool way to stack the drying pieces! Me likey! :encouragement:

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Very cool way to stack the drying pieces! Me likey! :encouragement:
thanks man! I had to make some room somehow and had lots of empties in the bin.

Rivets, for my 5/8 plywood deck... I just need to get 3/16 diameter, large flange head, .625 to .875 grip or .876 to 1" grip ? correct?

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Rivets, for my 5/8 plywood deck... I just need to get 3/16 diameter, large flange head, .625 to .875 grip or .876 to 1" grip ? correct?

.625 to .875 will work fine for the deck itself. I actually used .625 to .750 for my 5/8" deck but that was cutting it really close and I had to countersink a few of them to get them to grip. Lesson learned.

I did have to order a bag of the .876 to .100 for my bow seats, though, due to the added thickness of going through nautolex combined with the fact that the aluminum side supports that rivet to the hull didn't end up perfectly flat against the plywood seat bottoms.

Not sure where you're ordering from but I found that rivetsinstock.com and rivetsonline.com are the same company- Jay-Cee Sales. If only ordering a small quantity, you can order them from Jay-Cee on Amazon and pay for less shipping than ordering directly on their website.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
.625 to .875 will work fine for the deck itself. I actually used .625 to .750 for my 5/8" deck but that was cutting it really close and I had to countersink a few of them to get them to grip. Lesson learned.

I did have to order a bag of the .876 to .100 for my bow seats, though, due to the added thickness of going through nautolex combined with the fact that the aluminum side supports that rivet to the hull didn't end up perfectly flat against the plywood seat bottoms.

Not sure where you're ordering from but I found that rivetsinstock.com and rivetsonline.com are the same company- Jay-Cee Sales. If only ordering a small quantity, you can order them from Jay-Cee on Amazon and pay for less shipping than ordering directly on their website.

Thanks for the info! I know I've seen it posted here at some point but sometimes when I get searching....oh look squirrel! I will probably be getting my rivets here but I haven't had time to get into the supplier yet.
I've got my decking now but I still need to get lots done before I get there. I have been spending time with my other boat lately... Seems so tiny after being in the 18er so much. Going camping this weekend up North

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Found an old crestliner with a 90hp etec. Extremely low hours, 80 year old gentleman was selling his cabin and everything with it. That motor should be a good fit for my rig. And the welded aluminum crestliner is totally in decent shape.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just tried going to my google photos, click on a picture to make it full screen, right click, copy image, back to iboats and paste into reply box. seems to work so far, is this going to be acceptable moving forward? *using one drive embedded images for now works much better

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Pix only shows up on your end because its cached on your computer.

On my end, its a big blank square, no pix

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Same here, nothing shows. Try using MS OneDrive, it works for me using the embed code.​

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh boy anything good?

1969 Crestliner Nordic 17. The 80 year old gentleman was selling his cabin at the lake and everything with it. The way I see it I bought the motor for way less than half of new price and got the boat and trailer for free, plus a bunch of extra boating stuff. The etec he bought new in 2010 and has seen very little use. I can take a few things I need and still have a pretty neat retro boat to sell. Maybe even put the old evinrude on there

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice! I'm thinking the etec is a good runner and I bet the old fella has taken care of what needs to be on it.