71' Offshore-V 18 - Prize Catch

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I haven't made as much progress as I'd like... I have been spending long hours at work and on the weekends the family duties take the rest of my time. I did manage to clean out the boat, removed all the broken glass, the seats and vinyl from the floor. Prepping for the real tear down. But more importantly, I managed to fit this sucker in the garage ! It fits... barely. Now I can work after hours in the privacy of my man cave. View attachment y4mKZaVrsgK_TBYa0kPt28_m52RZ3Q6UfzycjKawI6N-LCXUyV9fANtDSAopgwuYVQidoL3aGuTBY0tkQmNa5ZVDjvf18IUkC_Qs
Here it is side by side with the Dart View attachment y4mwVK9JVGmfxzCAyDDl35qUWIIDIJsBcg7DgxsY0m8fFfXO11i4Ou81v79OFZY0IW2wIMEIoKvdToIGc1pkQ8FyCi0WrGjJq4ft

Last edited:

MD28

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice Offshore! I was looking for one of those until I found my 18' super fisherman. I wonder how they compare. The offshore does look deeper. I'll be following along.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
fits like a glove knezzer! :thumb:

oj.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Fire up the stereo and start in on her! Oh yeah and classic rock is what these old SC's like best.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Ah yeah the joy and anticipation of the tear down, lookin good so far :thumb:

MD28

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wood looks more solid than mine! That's a plus.

pckeen

Commander
Looks pretty nasty - try and get the wood out in solid pieces to make a template, but no great disaster if it breaks up.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
I had it parked outside so I could clean up the garage and it got rained on, that's why it looks wet. The floor is not in terrible condition, only a few spots where I could maybe put my foot through. The wood on the starboard console crumbled when I touched it, that's what you see on the floor there in that last pic. The port side was much better. If I can get a few hours now and then I will be ready for next spring!

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was considering shortening the splashwell... seems a lot of space not used back there. But I think that I might just add a deck on top. Kind of a swimming platform or casting deck. Has anyone done that and not liked it? Also realized that there is more than half a tank of gas in there. Doh

Last edited:

ctswf

Chief Petty Officer
Nice offshore v!!!

I love how we are all bizaro world versions of each other.
Years ago i bought a small home made flat bed trailer, put some 2x4 sides on quick because i needed it that day....long story short i swear you have a clone of it in your original images!

At a quick glance i think my 1969 offshore has a more blunt deadrise. I think the newer models improved on that whether it was called super sport or offshoreV.

Oh yeah shorten that splashwell!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Shouldnt use a ski pole for towing tubes, use the stern eyes.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice offshore v!!!

I love how we are all bizaro world versions of each other.
Years ago i bought a small home made flat bed trailer, put some 2x4 sides on quick because i needed it that day....long story short i swear you have a clone of it in your original images!

At a quick glance i think my 1969 offshore has a more blunt deadrise. I think the newer models improved on that whether it was called super sport or offshoreV.

Oh yeah shorten that splashwell!!!
That flat deck trailer came with my house when we bought it 3 years ago. Ya I just threw some 2x4's on there and some scrap wood. It works well for a junk mover / dump runner.

I agree, the hull looks a bit different from the 69 offshore

I totally want to move my splashwell back at least a foot after seeing your thread. Maybe shift everything back to keep the stock look with the slider doors? but then the gas tank doesn't fit well and I kind of like the storage under there. Your rig looks great ! nice simple and clean. The LED's you put in look great on that offshore. I used lots of LED's on my Dart, inside and out. Helps with loading at the ramp after sunset.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Really nice find there. Have you fired the Evinrude yet?

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Really nice find there. Have you fired the Evinrude yet?

No I haven't even tried yet. It looks good under the hood, but I don't know much about motors. PO said it ran well before he parked it. Definitely needs a bit of love before I try. I was going to pull the motor off for the winter and look into it later. My cousin says I should get a newer one because this one's a gas gussler. He suggested a 70 hp evinrude with t&t