Road Trip!

Tnstratofam

Commander
So the Admiral didn't throw anything at me. She said the boat looked okay. Much better than what she had pictured in her mind. ( She's seen some of the TLC boats I've wanted to bring home :eek::D) Anyway here are some more pictures of how she's sitting now.

Here she is tucked away kind of hidden by one of my other projects a 4x4 Mazda I'm playing around with.

Here are a few shots of her with my temporary Tn Mountain trailer jack ( A cheap 5 gallon bucket :facepalm: )

Tnstratofam

Commander
Here are some pics of the overall condition.

Interior or lack there of. Nice blank canvas.

She's missing the transom caps so that's something I'll need to deal with.

Typical rotten transom.

I may have dodged a bullet with the knee braces. They seem to be in good shape with no cracks. Our SS had a good knee brace even with a rotten transom.

The Starcraft emblems are damaged so they will need to be repaired or replaced.

The windshield is cracked.

The anchor guide. I think that's what this is. It is damaged.

I did find what may be the original dealer sticker on the stern. I may try to get it reproduced if I can read it.

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
I would like to take this time to tell a little story. Bear with me.

So back in 2013 we purchased our Stratos and had a pretty good summer on the water. There were a few hiccups which brought me to this wonderful site. Once I spent a few days perusing these forums I realized 2 things. 1 I had a rotten glasser. 2 I should have bought a Tin Starcraft.

So I started to search Craigslist looking for a Starcraft. Of course I really had no idea what we would want or need. I saw Holidays, Super Sports, Jets, Jupiters, A few Islanders and Cheiftains, but most were either to big of a project or to expensive. I found 2 candidates that fit our needs. An 81 SS in Galax VA ( The one we bought), and a Jupetier in Hickory NC that I really wanted. I never could get a hold of the owner of the Jupiter, so we ended up with the SS. It was a good purchase, and after replacing the transom ( See sig line ) and repairing the Chrysler she has turned out to be a great boat.

Now some of you may know that I have been looking for a Cheiftain, and I will have one some day, but for now the opportunity to do a restoration on this Jupiter has presented itself so this is where we are. It may be a while before I get started, and I will keep you all posted as things progress. Once I get started on her I will start a restoration thread.

Thanks for all the replies and interest.

And a special thanks to jbcurt00..

Dave :tinfoil3:

Tnstratofam

Commander
You've got room for at least two more boats there.

So here is a list of my current projects..

Finish bathroom in garage. ( Absolutely required by the Admiral. )
Finish replacing the floor in the Stratos ( Absolutely required by the Admiral. )
Restore my 1981 Jeep CJ7
Finish fixing up my 1989 Mazda beater truck.
Finish my woodworking shop/ Upholstery shop. ( I'd like to go this route when I retire. )

And the list seems to only grow. Now I will probably put the Jupiter in somewhere after finishing the bathroom.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sweet little Jup you got there, it should be a fun project! You can always have a mod change the title of your thread here and keep it going with the resto work.