Converting a SS from steering wheel to a tiller. Is it possible?

Brushape

Recruit
I have not purchased a boat yet but am wondering if this idea is feasible. At this point I am still in the dreaming stage. I would probably buy a boat, gut it, and make as close to a Mirrocraft Aggressor MX as I can. From what I have looked at, this seems like the ideal layout. Thanks in advance.
Tom
http://www.mirrocraft.com/i/p_d/2016_aggressormxnew.pdf

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Aggressor isn't a tiller boat. :confused:

You might be better served looking for a SuperFisherMan. Or another boat entirely, probably an open utility tiller model.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
It can be done. check my link out in my sig. Although these guys like to keep them original I went against the grain. I put a 40 hp tiller on mine and built a deck above the splashwell. The next one I get is going back to original or better.

20160703_130610_resized.jpg 20160723_134810_resized.jpg

Brushape

Recruit
g0nef1sshn - that is pretty close to what I want to do. I was wondering how a 40 tiller would push the boat. Part of the reason I want to this way is SS boats seem to be plentiful and cheap and I am very cheap. Would you do a tiller again?

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
g0nef1sshn - that is pretty close to what I want to do. I was wondering how a 40 tiller would push the boat. Part of the reason I want to this way is SS boats seem to be plentiful and cheap and I am very cheap. Would you do a tiller again?

The 40 hp pushes it just fine. I would do it again, and I will to this one eventually adding a new 60 hp tiller to it. The used 40 I got just fit the budget at the moment. I plains fast and easy. I havnt recorded what my speeds are yet, but as long as it moves good I am fine with that. I only want to up to a 60 hp eventually because why not? :whoo:

They are plentiful also. I got mine hull only for 250$ and have seen several reacently from 100$ to 400$ already stripped and gutted. some with trailers. Some with out.