Pictures of I/O SS or Holiday with a kicker motor.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer
Hey everyone, I am looking to mount a kicker motor for trolling Walleye and such. I would use an electric bow mount but, where I fish in Qu?bec. There is no power to recharge the batteries, unless I bring a generator. I have a 18' SS I/O and looking for ideas as to where and how to mount it, I would like to use the 9.9 Johnson I already have for my 14' tin without uesing remote controls.

I just have no idea what the best mount or the best way to rig it.

Thanks, Jeff

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I don't have a kicker on my IO Chief but a few things I do know. Mounts are rated for the HP, if they are 2 or 4 stroke motors and the shaft length the mounts vertical travel. Then there's the choice between AL, SS and steel. Is the mount rated to allow the motor to remain on it during trailering is another factor. I was eyeing mounts and was doing some research trying to figure out which mount would be best. Pretty much I was unable to find a motor mount that is retractable that you can leave the kicker on when trailering and not find the mount to be toast is short order or the maker says you can't trailer with it. So that leaves you with a solid mount which won't work for a IO boat unless you remove the motor and remount it every blessed time you go out fishing. I would be interested in knowing if someone was able to find a retractable mount that can be trailered with the motor attached. If so I imagine you'll pay dearly for it.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Not sure if the one i got was trailerable off craigslist, but was aluminum rated for a 25 hp motor. Or was it 20? Any how, they are hindreds new, and around me within 100 miles or less they pop up anywhere from 25$ to 75$ often.