Trying To Find A 19' Islander

raynestorm

Cadet
I've been looking for a nice 19' Islander within 2-300 miles of Madison, Wisconsin, preferably with the bracket. My dad has an older 22' we rebuilt, but I wanted one a little smaller for when I fish Lake Michigan solo.

I'm not sure if the 19' every had the outboard bracket option, but has anyone seen a 19' islander hopefully with a bracket? I prefer the wide open area for fishing and prefer to not have an I/O with the doghouse hogging all the room. I would take a decent I/O and then down the road, pull the I//O and weld up a bracket for it.

I have a v5 18' holiday that I keep wanting to put a wheelhouse in, but after I gut and rebuild that, it would end up being pretty much an islander with a hardtop.

If any member has seen one along the road, please drop me a PM and only a PM.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't limit yourself to Islanders. Other Starcraft aluminum models have similar cabin layouts and Sylvan, a sister company, made their versions as well.

If anyone can help rayne, PM's only.

raynestorm

Cadet
Thanks!

Yes, I am interested in other models that are similar. I knew Sylvan was similar, but did not know much about them.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
You could also have a stand-up enclosure made for your Holiday. I have one on my 18' Chieftain and it's great for cold water lake fishing. Something like this:

OpyqecL.jpg

For a pure trolling rig this^^ beats anything with a cabin due to all the open cockpit space (IMHO of course). The ability to stay out of the sun, wind, and weather is totally worth the several hundred $ for custom canvas. And much less weight up high than any hardtop.

Last edited:

raynestorm

Cadet
I saw the post below mine. He's in NY and that's a bit far for a project boat at that price. I ran across some sold 19' islanders that were the newer body style from $5-7k, and those were fishing ready. I guess I'm hoping to find something pop up like that. I'm not in a hurry, and am sure when the salmon season starts winding down, more will pop up.

raynestorm

Cadet
The enclosure on the holiday was were I was originally going, but need to strip it and rebuild it, then power it, so I would be around the price of a used islander. It's still an option though. I like my stuff custom, and plan to modify an islander if I do get one.

If I get an islander, the holiday will become a CC. I fish bad weather, so wanted an enclosed boat first.

raynestorm

Cadet
I have found one on the east coast in Maine, and one on the west coast in California. Both are priced a couple thousand higher than what's been selling around here.

I'm assuming that once the salmon season winds down here on Lake Michigan, I will start to see more come available. Looking for mid to late 90's 191. My dad has a '74 21 foot islander. So I wanted the smaller one for solo or 2 guy trips, which 85% of my fishing is.

Those who have watched boat pricing trends, what is the peak time on price before they start dropping in price before winter? Summer half over, I would guess prices should start to go on the downfall relatively soon?