My 1984 Starcraft 160 SS

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
I have to say that I am totally pleased with this old boat. For $5000 and a bit of work to fix a few leaky rivets, replace the water pump and rebuild the carbs, I have a solid old boat that I would not hesitate to take up north fishing. Across the road from where I live they sell new 16 foot aluminum 90hp boats for $35,000. Lots of value for the dollar in an older Starcraft.
I even drag it around with my FJ40.
No need to worry about scratches like on my new boat. Just put it in the water and go visit friends on the lake. If the old Johnson failed tomorrow I would not hesitate to repower this boat. This summer is turning out great with this Starcraft.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking good :thumb:

I couldn't agree more about these old boats!

Tnstratofam

Commander
She really looks good. So does the FJ pulling her. We really enjoy our SS and I'm of the same opinion if the Chrysler gave out tomorrow I wouldn't hesitate to repower her over buying something else.

Although I'd probably track down another dorm fridge ( Chrysler) to repower her with! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Right on about using her and not having to keep her pristine. You have a lot more fun without the worries.

Canadian prices seem insane compared to down here, but you have one nice SS!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Excellent boating pix! Your entire rig is looking great!

But where are the fish pix? :lol: :noidea:

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Right on about using her and not having to keep her pristine. You have a lot more fun without the worries.

Canadian prices seem insane compared to down here, but you have one nice SS!

Yes am often jealous of the price difference, and not just with boats.
But with a sparse population and a 3 month season it is our reality.
But then I have seen 30 year old boats with under 100 hours. I guess with the exchange rate I paid about $3800 U.S.