1968 Seacraft Seafarer wooden seat to Aluminum hull brackets

donj51

Recruit
I bought a 16 Seacraft Seafarer with a Johnson 28SPL engine that has been sitting outside for a number of years.

I cleaned it up and rebuilt the carburetor and have been pleased with the boat. It looks a little rough, but no leaks and starts every time and gives me a good inexpensive platform to go fishing from.

The problem I have is the front seat brackets are broken.
IMG_1496.jpg

Does anyone know a vendor or have had these fabricated before I start this ?small? project?

donj51

Recruit
Starcraft Seafarer Seat Brackets

I bought a 16 Starcraft Seafarer with a Johnson 28SPL engine that has been sitting outside for a number of years.

I cleaned it up and rebuilt the carburetor and have been pleased with the boat. It looks a little rough, but no leaks and starts every time and gives me a good inexpensive platform to go fishing from.

Does anyone know a vendor or have had these fabricated before I start this ?small? project?

IMG_1496.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
Find out the gauge of the metal.( I'm thinking 18 to 20 gauge ) and either bend it up yourself and rivet to hull. Or have a sheet metal shop fab some up for you. If you don't have a sheet metal shop check with a local heating and cooling company that makes it's own duct work as they will have a sheet metal sheer and brake to make the pieces.

I doubt you will find a set available off the shelf by a vendor.

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
You're not going to find a direct replacement for that bracket on a 68 boat, it's up to you to fabricate a new one or repair the current one. You can mend the current one with another piece of aluminum or remove it and either fab one up yourself or take the bracket to a shop and have them do it for you. It all depends on you if you have the tools, time and skill set to work with aluminum.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I quoted this in the thread you started this morning not realizing you had already asked the question here.

"Find out the gauge of the metal.( I'm thinking 18 to 20 gauge ) and either bend it up yourself and rivet to hull. Or have a sheet metal shop fab some up for you. If you don't have a sheet metal shop check with a local heating and cooling company that makes it's own duct work as they will have a sheet metal sheer and brake to make the pieces.

I doubt you will find a set available off the shelf by a vendor. "

You shouldn't start multiple threads on the same topic as it can be hard for us to not duplicate each other in posts.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Merged the 2 bracket topics. Tn is right, please dont start multiple topics about the same subject.

Could have asked this in your topic about the boat.

I need to fabricate a similar bracket for a 1960 Larson 14ftr....