New guy here, but not new to SC

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
I re-found this site and this section recently.
This is a very dangerous site, way too many beautifully restored boats that make it contagious to want to buy and work old boats.
Nice work to all you guys that have finished a project and put an old boat back on the water.

I wish I had found this site 25 years ago, as we have had a SS 16 for many years, and back then I did a rebuild of the interior and used 3/4 treated for the floor.
Not sure how this will end up, put it's been a long time so far.

Anyway, I do have a question - has anybody made a list of S/N's and year built to help with determining the age of a given boat?
After spending some time in the SC brochures, I believe ours is something from 1968 to 1970. Not sure about the 68 as the brochures don't shown a SS 16.

Oh, our S/N is 959321, and is the typical olive green of the time.

Oh, another oddity, ours has a 18 ft rating plate in a 16 ft boat. Don't know if it's from the factory like that or if someone put it in hoping to be legal with a larger motor. FWIW our transom is bowed out, so it could very well have had a larger motor on at one time.

Dan

ps, I was lead here by a members c-list ad for a 18 ft Holiday project for sale, and I'm really fighting to resist that boat. :)

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: aboard Dan, nice to have another SC tinner join the fold.

I found it made my life a lot easier to just fall in love with a boat and then bide your time until the she comes along. Don't try to rush it or you may find yourself loosing interest in the old gal for something new and shiny. :lol:

Then again there's always MBS (Multiple Boat Syndrome) many here have it and there is no cure so...

MBS.jpg