Vinyl flooring question

196fishmaster

Recruit
Hey everyone.. new guy to the forum here but there is a wealth of information available and I thank you all for contributing to this resource. I have a question about Vinyl flooring particularly Vinyl flooring on a Starcraft Fishmaster 196. I purchased a 196 Fishmaster with 4.0L Mercruiser that was was in fantastic condition with the exception to some of the Vinly Flooring being stained by rust or the small hole here and there. At some point I want to replace this vinyl flooring and the vinyl that is on the top rail and on the interior walls of the boat. I took notice that the inside walls basically come down and there is a bend in the aluminum that lays along and is riveted to the floor. I would assume to do this floor restoration correctly I should drill all of those rivets out and fold the vinyl back under the angle. This similarly applies to the top rail also because you have the padded piece of vinyl where the wide top rail meets the interior of the boat and on the outer edge is the rub rail. Has anyone ever done this before and how difficult is it? As far as I can tell, the padded rail up top is bolted from behind and can be take off, the rub rail would have to be removed and all of those rivets would have to be drilled out. Just looking for some insight if someone has done it before. Thanks in advance, Jim

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the forum 196FM. What year is your FM and some pics of it would be great to see. Normally some degree of tear down is needed to replace the vinyl decking gunnel and panel material. Things such as the seating, side panels and maybe even the consoles have to come out just to make the job easier as well as done right.