Some good stuff happening

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yeah roof leaks in a rainy climate isn't good, what's bad here with a metal roof is the temp changes from night to day creates a rainstorm inside the building.

I find with my garage the main enemy is the always present invading junk. It's without mercy and is always attacking. :lol:
Man, I hear ya about invading junk! It seems to forever creep about, trying to make its way inside. :lol:

The boy and I spent a few hours yesterday rearranging things a bit. Once the KF is done, I'll probably install some permanent hangers and whatnot in order to get things up higher and out of the way.

When my bud was over the other day installing the rear flood lights we agreed that he'll install another outlet for me by the rear door. The boy and I bought the supplies today and a short while ago we went out and moved stuff out of the way so that the work can be done.

Once that final outlet set is installed, we'll move everything back into place and then bring the KF back inside. Finally! :tongue-new: :rolleyes:

The boy used the leaf blower to really get the dust flying out of there for cleanup!
1.jpg

A cleared path for the KF! :glee:
2.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Where the hell did you keep all that before you got the shed??

I've had this 9'x9' shed for a decade. Had mucho stuff in there before I got the garage. I took twice as much to the dump last weekend as you see in the garage now. But I didn't get the tool cabinets, storage racks and work-mates until after the garage was built. The shed now sits empty, awaiting pickup by my neighbor friend.

2.jpg

This is how the garage looked this morning, after we moved stuff away from the left rear corner to allow my bud to install another outlet. That hasn't happened yet but once it does, we'll move the racks, etc. back.1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The new electrical outlet box will be installed at the rear of the building, where the yellow line is in the pic, to provide power at the back.
3.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
This afternoon we got the tarp back onto the floor and the Kingfisher back inside, ready for more work.
3.jpg

Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Future plans for the garage include ceiling fans, insulation, air conditioning, paving around the building and other improvements. I'll post more updates as they happen. :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I was supposed to be working on my Kingfisher this afternoon but my buddy showed up to finish the final outlet installation. It's all done now. :)

Getting the wiring tapped in to the last outlet.
1.jpg

The last outlet being added. I forgot to get a pic when it was finished. D'oh! :facepalm:
2.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got the WiFi and Cable TV cables run into the building a couple days ago. Had hoped to show a pic of the WiFi router working inside that all steel building, bouncing signals around and whatnot. But not yet. :rolleyes:

Gonna be another day or so until that happens. The new router arrived yesterday and this afternoon I went out to get it going. No joy. I finally got to a point where I gave up for the night. Then about an hour ago I received an email from the manufacturer with a "tip" that they happened to leave off in their instruction manual. Tip = requirement. :yell:

So I'll try that "tip" tomorrow.

Gopher tortoise? Nah, just my bud diggin' his work. :D
21.jpg

He drilled a hole through the lower stringer and then used a boat part to make connection to the underground pipe. The connector looked like it could have been a live well through-hull piece.
11.jpg

But it's getting there. ;)
1.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 2

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
And we did take a few minutes to have some dinner out there during the installation. (Yeah, that's my burned up leg in the pic.)

13.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Dang the only thing missing now is a bunk out there just in case things 'go that way' in the house. :lol:

Decker83

Commander
I can say one thing for sure. You always have some good food..:D

I wouldn't mind staying out in the dog house if mine looked like his.. :pound:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Dang the only thing missing now is a bunk out there just in case things 'go that way' in the house. :lol:
More reason to quickly reinstall the deck in the Kingfisher? Throw a sleeping bag in there and I'll be set! :lol:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I can say one thing for sure. You always have some good food..:D

I wouldn't mind staying out in the dog house if mine looked like his.. :pound:
Yeah, that Philly cheese steak was pretty good!

My ol' buddy says that after I get the WiFi stuff figured out that I'll probably just move in out there! :becky:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We are ONLINE in the garage! :whoo:

This morning I'd tried the "tip" that the seller had mentioned but still no joy. So I replied back with all the pertinent info. A little while ago I received another email from the seller with a recommended configuration change and BOOM! We're online!

Happy campers here. Especially the boy! :D

1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Still more fun today! Picked up this small fridge to keep in the garage. Gonna be COOL in there! :D

2.jpg1.jpg

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Oh yeah. Nothing like a frosty beverage while putting down some boat work!!:very_drunk:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Now your talking my language! Nothing quite like having boat resto enhancers in the garage!