Some good stuff happening

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Made some excellent progress today! Got the burn permit and then started the blaze going. Burned up two large piles plus quite a bit from the "back 40" to boot. Still have one pile to do next weekend (weather permitting) as well as a little more from the back.

My buddy put both of his tractors to work; the bucket loader moving brush and the box blade to smooth the yard.

And the boy really enjoyed using the garden hose to douse the remaining logs in the burn pile. I had a tough time getting him to stop. :lol:

Yardwork91.jpg

Yardwork92.jpg

Yardwork93.jpg

Yardwork96.jpg

Yardwork97.jpg

Yardwork99.jpg

Yardwork105.jpg

Yardwork108.jpg

Attachments

• Yardwork91.jpg
    Yardwork91.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 2

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I was thinking hotdogs and corn chips. :lol:

You have a ton of room now for more boats!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
No marshmallows?
Yeah, the boy talked about doing the marshmallow thing... until he saw the size of the flames! :eek: Then he backed off his request. :lol:

I was thinking hotdogs and corn chips. :lol:

You have a ton of room now for more boats!
Dogs and chips would have been good too. I was happy to see that the boy got over his initial fear reaction to the flames and that gave me an opportunity to educate him about fire. Worked out very well. Taught him about the fire triad and whatnot. Clearly by the end he had adapted. :)

Yah, my little fleet needs maneuvering room! Gonna be great stuff when it's all done. :thumb:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Well, we completed one more task today that needed to be finished so that I can continue heading back towards working on boats again.

My wife got another car today. A compact SUV... bigger and stronger than her last little car.

I'll be working on the yard again soon, clearing space to move the boats around. Then I can get back to boat work! :lol:

Ready to leave the dealership.
VUE3.jpg

At home.
VUE1.jpg

Definitely bigger than the Sonata!
VUE2.jpg

Anybody notice the neat little extra which will definitely come in handy?
VUE4.jpg

Watermann

Yeah now that's a nice upgrade that has the admiral smiling! Super, a class III tow receiver too. :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Moved the fleet around last night so that we can have tractor maneuvering room when we ignite the remaining burn pile this weekend.

Got some pix this morning.

Fleet2.jpg

Fleet4.jpg

Fleet6.jpg

Fleet7.jpg

Fleet5.jpg

Attachments

• Fleet2.jpg
    Fleet2.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Fleet2.jpg
    Fleet2.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 3

Watermann

Yeah 3 qualifies as a fleet :thumb:

Be careful with the bow down attitude, that glasser might get some rot going. :lol:

fetch

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Jeez, a guy moves the Kingfisher for a couple days and in the blink of an eye, somebody commandeers the tent shelter! :lol:

s1.jpg

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2

Watermann

Oh now that's too funny! :pound:

Looks like someone is going to have to buy a couple more of those covers.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
A big storm rolled through the area this morning and blew the splash well right out of the Chieftain! :eek:

spw4.jpg

Watermann

You're lucky some of those local Jawa's didn't run off with it to the scrap yard. :lol:

Hope it didn't get mauled up.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It appears okay. Am just glad that it didn't hit the neighbor's electric fence! Bzzzt!! :faint2: :lol:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got the burn pile going again today. The pile was 20 feet long, 15 feet wide and 8 or 9 feet tall when we started.

I spent 11 hours out there tending the fire. My buddy was there with his tractors for about 1/2 that time and my stepson was with me for 8 hours as well. They did most of the work. I was just the supervisor. :lol:

The pile really burned hot today and if we'd had another 3 hours it would all be gone now. Alas, I'll probably have to burn the rest another time. But the "back 40" piles got added to the burn pile so that is a big plus.

My buddy also started making the flat and level pad for my shelter this afternoon. It'll be nice to have a level spot instead of the current slope.

Will take more progress pix tomorrow. I'm bushed. :cool:

Burn01.jpg

Burn14.jpg

Burn25.jpg

Attachments

• Burn14.jpg
    Burn14.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 2

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
And this is how it looks this morning. I'm very pleased with the yard progress. Gonna be a lot easier to move the boats around once we're all done. And having a level place to work on them in a pull-thru shelter is a huge bonus compared to last year. Huuuge! :laugh:

I'd doused the fire thoroughly last night before going to bed but when I woke up this morning, the boy was waiting for me. Said "there's smoke coming from the burn pile." "I'm not surprised" I replied. To which he eagerly said "Should I go out and spray it down?" So I told him to go ahead. He immediately hustled out the door. The boy likes that part of the job! :lol:

Looking much better back there.
Burn30c.jpg

Not much left of the burn pile!
Burn27.jpg

You can see alllll the way back to the rear edge of the property now!
Burn32.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Forgot to post this pic.

My neighbor's horses could have cared less about my fleet and all the activities in the back yard. :lol:
Burn4.jpg

Watermann

Jeez all that yard work looks nice but it sure is cutting into boat work time :rolleyes: