The well traveled 1979 Starcraft 18' V5 SS

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That is terrible . I didn't realize it was an original piece. Funny how the manufacturer can hack something just as bad as some of the PO's of our boats.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That is terrible . I didn't realize it was an original piece. Funny how the manufacturer can hack something just as bad as some of the PO's of our boats.

You can see the huge cut out of the console in the pic below.

y4moGgwwij1GZvugXCiTdOkyerq9QdPAC1W4aOfoJTFrTIDRorEwzhKiip469lc-DkmBalbDdxprd8Pj1GqSOVYtS58cV6QZicXcFoRcLyQAe-Cleo4eGnKzYnB7jVCbEOO1Fff1FBlLLPf6Xte7hGqoeVMIfeRvJLW60a5UhmVHx5w-Y3aHPhRpyAFmnCgShKWZxg5UplgnjoOOGinWZvN2A

Last edited:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow. It took me a sec to understand what I was looking at. That is horrible engineering. The only plus would be easy access to the wires for that one time you were chasing an electrical problem.

ab59

Ensign
don't mind me watermann, I'm just marking this so it's easier to find while I read this thread off and on.

Watermann

Thanks for stopping by but you came at a bad time now that Photobucket has held all of our photos hostage in lieu of paying nearly $400 a year to get our photos linked back to their proper places.

Watermann

Man it's harsh knowing there aren't any longer pics of my SS, Chief or SN on the iboats forum. I guess they felt bad for me because I checked my email and had a 10% off coupon for being such a loyal customer. Yeah I ordered some boat parts too... :D

Well I guess I should try out One Drive and at least get a pic or 2 of the SS on here. Here's one showing the SS and what most people think of as being white but as you can see compared to my white Avalanche it's not.

y4mWjLP-pytGUlWO8zazVN6hkvAv3lPkl3YHzNvNSCZ6wJK5ZrTBHrZP5m-cL4KhhckgKWKUexVoZ-IkEw9HEgKUkj6yhRKYZ2W2cEqYg9WrDA35iTH6FgW6EJBuSg6M6LjaJ--g-6tqeVOP6d5QYvJJH8b6SK-K8sQ9MmmSz8lBV4DiFxC777F36AUqTHYYsg7928tD_RRgc6ayYXE-GhOvQ

y4mWiFq0kb8VLm4rLTK96egodhFyUHDtjxQf4bqNnrEEyx1zmDc23bd_LTx01oXsevZugTeKi8G-04toPXZjROagM5oElR852gfW-ruPRzbh-2MkJiGYVs_PrQ3FSJ6H_v_CWGcne24cXkwb84dxiJAfjmiQDKxu6poBcRxK3wAbBV5vhWqESDQUCXeHJ0WCjreCMlUnGfBjO4UjFj91k-uDQ

That's a little better. :rolleyes:

ab59

Ensign
ya I saw that photo bucket was demanding something but I thought they wanted me to subscribe to their service . Is paying for pictures now going to be required by iboats forums ? I don't think that I have been using them to post pics but I'm not really sure how this all works.
Man, if they trashed all your restore pics of your boat then that's a crime , at least maybe you have an archive somewhere ?
About the new pics, if that's you work my hat is off to you sir. Beautiful .
What did you use on the top of the gunnels ?? I am now considering using the grey vinyl that I am putting on the side panels on mine if I can get all the crud off there somehow.

ab59

Ensign
you know what -I just realized that photobucket removed every picture of your restore from this thread . That my friend is sickening and an extremely chicken sh@#@%***t thing for them to do. If I had ever considered using them in the future this act will put them on my " DO NOT USE " list. You have my deepest sympathies as it looks like a year or more of history was destroyed by these jerks.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
That's a real shame right there. I'll be switching from photobucket as of today.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Haha, the exodus begins.

That's really a shame Rob. You've provided a lot of useful step-by-steps along the way. Glad I was able to read through while they were still up.

Sorry ab59

Watermann

Yeah I was pretty upset yesterday over the PB issue and all the threads that are wiped clean of pics, I hope they go under really fast because of this.

Yeah ab59 some guys do the vinyl on the gunnel tops I used 2 coats of industrial tractor paint with catalyst hardener and Epihanes poly beads mixed in for non skid.

So I had to go out in the SS this morning for a fishing trip to get the admiral out for her first trip in the boat, she really liked how smooth the boat is on the water.

y4mDwvfqYezteDBN8m2zbAP41u5adOeg9NZxk9N1qPIVFNl9Wkii8VKwdZc1fXc1nsJ3W79ADXbmACblepnBfZ0cRz5GwLm4-V-ed23y1BjVfGw-e73nR1Ej5XsDWj_8GITl9c0A2Q-X6m0TTkTcq75WXIbnA8qEChmUojR4rYnpoOBUdse93EgUk1wbj-HhEqd22d9B9Wej71FBFvp3mSLyg

Caught an even dozen smallys and turned them all loose. Nice to be out until it hit about 90 that is and the breeze off the mountains quit.

y4mkya9eAG_cFlwU1HSre-rge95jzW04CeCQI2I-Nk82Y6cR1sL4iav2b8EpUd6_T-w4tY37b70EBPpMktEY9Qtw7iucca_M8Iaktx-oEtVwSVeqQdogCi9UYsvCtJkr7hApL0hly44XYgs5-ggmD5VDrZ7kWgIG-0DmZocDUURkZDmaA-Mo_Yh9QY8rlrvz301DNTe9xIy4PyU5didKkxrlg

Pusher

Lieutenant
Yeah I was pretty upset yesterday over the PB issue and all the threads that are wiped clean of pics, I hope they go under really fast because of this.

Yeah ab59 some guys do the vinyl on the gunnel tops I used 2 coats of industrial tractor paint with catalyst hardener and Epihanes poly beads mixed in for non skid.

So I had to go out in the SS this morning for a fishing trip to get the admiral out for her first trip in the boat, she really liked how smooth the boat is on the water.

y4mDwvfqYezteDBN8m2zbAP41u5adOeg9NZxk9N1qPIVFNl9Wkii8VKwdZc1fXc1nsJ3W79ADXbmACblepnBfZ0cRz5GwLm4-V-ed23y1BjVfGw-e73nR1Ej5XsDWj_8GITl9c0A2Q-X6m0TTkTcq75WXIbnA8qEChmUojR4rYnpoOBUdse93EgUk1wbj-HhEqd22d9B9Wej71FBFvp3mSLyg

Caught an even dozen smallys and turned them all loose. Nice to be out until it hit about 90 that is and the breeze off the mountains quit.

y4mkya9eAG_cFlwU1HSre-rge95jzW04CeCQI2I-Nk82Y6cR1sL4iav2b8EpUd6_T-w4tY37b70EBPpMktEY9Qtw7iucca_M8Iaktx-oEtVwSVeqQdogCi9UYsvCtJkr7hApL0hly44XYgs5-ggmD5VDrZ7kWgIG-0DmZocDUURkZDmaA-Mo_Yh9QY8rlrvz301DNTe9xIy4PyU5didKkxrlg

A dozen sounds like a great day. I really have to think reading a book in that Starcraft during a morning sunrise would be perfect. I'm glad she enjoyed another job well done

We went for a hike and got cooked out about 11:30!

ab59

Ensign
beautiful lake , I can almost smell the water and hear it lapping up against the side of the boat. Looks like a great way to shake off the BS and enjoy your time for a while.
I wonder what PB would do if everyone contacted them about removing pictures from the entire thread and let them know how we feel about the corrupt way they went after you to try an force you to pay big money for what you get for free other places. Would be a good thing to see them driven out of this forum all together unless they put the pics back up where they took them from.

ab59

Ensign
Hey !!!! Did I miss something the first few times or do I see some great new pictures back in your thread . Great shots of the livewell build . Hope the pics are new and the old problem is gone forever . I will try my best to learn from your livewell build. Think I'll put mine up in the bow area though.

Watermann

Yeah so I spent quite a bit of time replacing all the pics in the SS thread over the past few days. The only issue I have now are the quotes where there's that stupid PB meter showing up. Otherwise everything has been restored using MS OneDrive to third party host my pics.

Before when Glen had the V5 SS home from Utah.

fetch

I took possession of the V5 SS in March of 2016 and April 2017 I splashed her. After 13 months of work here's the after pic.

y4mAqPV94lbOHqJoAq7gsx3ywSHQOpLk1DDNKF8GGoSRknhD9Gpw1fv2Ctupy5G7YW32Ve9rr9EAQO2cogx8CHez6rEvK_h76vxgOAhllfpgFYXVrBAz46tuOAulP5Q7Cegefn_KE8t5lTjMjlV1gVAGKEWJULriSX0JHWlJIgcZENr-rxlQGgCDwO12fcZMmFURzNCckrzhjyIuRxy43zc5w

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks for taking the time to restore your pix, we appreciate it.

Watermann

Thanks John.

The pix had to be done, there was no way I was letting record of over a year of my life working on the SS to just go away like that. Sure it wasn't much fun putting everything back to where it needed to be but it did have it's fun moments reliving some of the events. ;)

Now I have to get after the Chief thread. :cool: Speaking of which I don't have rights to edit the completed project condensed thread in my sig line. I was going to start there first.

jbcurt00

Staff member
@Watermann
Give me 5min and look for it in Portland Pudgy manufacturers sub forum

Last edited:

ab59

Ensign
you know , I been reading more of this post starting from the beginning and I noticed that you comment a lot about the way some of the boat is put together and that it suprised you that "Starcraft would do something like that but I read on the Internet the other day that Starcraft sent a great deal of bare boats out to dealers and they are the ones who put a great deal of the boat together according to the package that they wanted to put on the showroom floor.so maybe it wasn't Starcraft that did some of the dirty deeds but the dealers instead.