The well traveled 1979 Starcraft 18' V5 SS

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Looks great Rob I like what you did painting the inside trim black, anxious to see what you do with the casting deck.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey nice of you guys to swing by. :) Still have to get the aft deck supports in and pop for a couple sheets of 3/4" ply. Get the motor and control on, bow mount TM mounted and wired into a couple deep cycle 27s.

Guy I work with came to work sick and I mean really sick on Monday, he coughed, hacked, snorked and wheezed all day at a timed 42 second interval between events. I was freaked out taking Zicam and EmergenC, gave it to him too, went and got some cough drops so he would stop rendering that crud aerosol. Well yesterday after a couple day incubation period I got it, missed work and an OT shift today. This is horrible, worst cold I've ever had. I don't get sick either so this is really ticking me off all because someone is too important to stay home when sick. :mad:

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The boat is coming along very nice! Sorry to hear you've got the crud! I've been dodging and weaving from everyone around me that has it. (Parents, Kids, Co-workers, In-laws, outlaws, ect.) Practically everyone I'm around has it or have had it. I've been taking more drugs than a "Crackhead" and today I'm getting a sore throat!:mad: Hang in there you got a boat to finish! Also, from the last time I researched your trolling motor should be able to link with a HB fish finder. Some take cables, but bluetooth seems to be the new thing with them. The I-pilot link should do this but you may have to purchase something else. Seems like they charge for something to hook it up. Been a while I researched this. Sorry I'm not much help, but I feel it's worth checking into for those options! Now get well so you can get back at it! Lol!:D

BMerr509

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks great Rob. What's your plan with the rear deck? something like what Candutch/budski did?

Get better soon. We have had 3 people actually die of the flu in one of our counties alone. it's really no joke this year :(

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Good looking rub rail there Watermann. That's something like I need for mine but I'm being cheap and still thinking.

Get over that cold. I got it several times in December and January. It seems to just hang in there. Hope yours makes the exit much quicker.so you can still get her done by the end of May.

Watermann

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. I had a flu shot back in October, I never seem to get peoples colds so it's been years and I don't do well when I finally catch one.

I have a bunch of parts now for the interior rebuild and I can't wait to get started but the admiral says I need to stay inside and rest. Sweated it out last night and feeling much better today.

The milestone I'm dying to get behind me is mounting that Merc, I have fallen in love with it's looks over the months of seeing it most every day sitting there on the stand.

y4mLDZRiTFz6rI5dOef7trI3XxTKULjiTrw-x2v8KZzQqxerdWoOSavIj1hIfNCS7zL7qJYCmTQu7eSN4mgu7ENTuP8XFOg49MVkYrQfk_Ral6MoKpItOpMJpH8As8LhtAWNMVsQuN9LIZm9cIkmsVpA13MEe1zDG7HtG5Ny3O2Vte6QTJorlvt1-JtGGSoC-oLTG3jfJQqqRzeZ4AqVExOsg

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Listen to the Admiral! A cold can turn into pneumonia - You don't want the Admiral to finish the build. :eek: LOL

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer
Real nice progress ad looking good h2o , good luck with the crud , stay positive , and here is hoping for best. Been following and appreciate the ideas and workmanship I am taking in and trying to utilize myself. Anxious to see ya wrap re up,

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yah, nothing like a classic Merc!

Take care of yourself WM and get plenty of rest. Chicken soup actually does help, as does Cold-Eeze.

I went through a bad bout of stomach flu myself last month and it suuuucked! I'd much rather have a runny nose! :pound:

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Before I retired and my wife was teaching school we used to get sick a couple of times a year. Now that we are hermits we have not been sick with flu or a cold since. Schools especially are germ factories. Get well soon. After this episode maybe you should keep a supply of paper filter masks at work.....

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
The project is really moving along Agua! Hope you're feeling better! I was in San Francisco (UC Berkeley) 2 weeks ago... thought of shooting up to flatten a few reeevits with ya! :-D

Pusher

Lieutenant
Yep, I had that cold a month ago and started feeling better on a Saturday (day three). That's when I decided to do electrical in the attic for 3 hours.... I left work early Monday and missed Tuesday. One coworker took down three other people! And nobody covers their mouths anymore!!?

It's like the information age has deadend everyone's senses or something.

I hope you're feeling better by now and the misses didn't catch it.

Nice rub rail btw đź‘Ś

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
WM just caught up reading all 51 pages. NICE WORK!! Hope you get feeling better soon. I like the tilt and trim switch on the helm and also the Raymarine fish finder is awesome. I liked my old LOWRANCE but having the ability to stream to tablet or phone negates the need to have a second one mounted at the front of the boat. just take your phone while your trolling around. I added to my wish list. I'm stuck between that one and the Hook 7 DSI with Navionics

Watermann

Thanks for the well wishes and taking a look at my handy work. :joyous:

I'm all good now, the nasty bug has run it's course and is just an intermittent cough now.

Been slow going on the SS with some ply cutting and sealing for the bow deck. Now that March is here I can see some warm up on the horizon. I have piles of parts in boxes just begging to be installed. :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The only thing better than the Big Brown Truck dropping off boxes is making flattened empty boxes. :smile:

Glad you're feeling better, WM. It seems even colds are getting nastier and last longer. The old 7-10 day recovery was darn near doubled at our house. :sick:

Baylinerchuck

Commander
The only thing better than the Big Brown Truck dropping off boxes is making flattened empty boxes. :smile:

Glad you're feeling better, WM. It seems even colds are getting nastier and last longer. The old 7-10 day recovery was darn near doubled at our house. :sick:

Purple/ Green and white trucks are prettier and much more on-time......lol.

Watermann

Some work done today and I got the SS out in the open air for the first time in months. The lifting eye was a great investment and made setting the Merc on real easy. Issues came up though, in my mess I have misplaced the steering link rod and the motor is not equipped with a reverse lock. :facepalm:

Temps up to 50 today and it was sunny so I got some ply sealed up too.

y4mM4NAb33sgKGGO71od1vN0KgQKchBEgqbNZiKGvXu6FJwZEkdmoIKHh5hwBcjqkncKlkt8cQJaAMaWm4f7GQYmONNVqJO9RYYkB-BixI9RhGJPfNosZ-7fE6bsexQn8hgSWYIcO0_nmXjm7JUJfy0vl-V4or_MVaSW74Dp8tyZ65s0n4UFYp6J4hRkD3IGgzNHrg_Tl6LHizAEz4x-2cEbA

y4mHccMHHJFbOU7wWuVZd84DePQLhHqsqMcvYh_m5xPfgRTKwTLg9RTK_QLDQyYYJQb5J3dgg0L92CdROCHn7IyVU2ZM_JhFW1XhW9jojdxiqdc5f6MGBaAYTeVw7xdkhyh-BpSwJLeSW4fzAbCFL_K73LRyjmrUYGWRh_cTi8Bmz7mqbfhf69xPNZBU1cu6qJUJI7s_8dTQtbGv7Pze7Tndw

Last edited:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Nice looking setup you have there. You were warmer than us today.