1978 16ft Super Sport Rustoration

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great job CB. Did you ever resolve the battery issue? Hope you enjoy many years with this one. She's a keeper for sure.

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Very nice build CB! I read the entire thread again just to refresh/help my memory about the build. Makes about the 3rd time now!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The resolve is the important part anyway. Great job on the boat, enjoy the holidays.

BMerr509

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Awesome build CB. We can all take a lesson on the battery issue, but i'm wondering if you showed them this site (if you had better pics of your battery placement) on your thread if that would have changed their minds. I'm sorry- sounds like you took one to the shorts on it. Quick build but beautiful! Have a great holiday season!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Happy spring gents! Thought I'd stop in and update the boat thread. Early last fall I had picked up a 70hp Johnson of matching vintage. Had a laundry list of things I wanted to get done before boating season was in full swing.

It was a manual tilt model so I picked up a TNT unit for it, tossed that in it and got that wired up.

I had put a coat of white on it last year but it was looking pretty naked. Sprayed the stripes on it and designed some new decals for it. SWMBO was finally convinced to cut them out on her fancy little die cut machine for me.

Before

After

Rest of the agenda was a new water pump, fish finder, and rims and tires just so the trailer felt pretty. Planning to take her out this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a wonderfull Memorial weekend!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
That's really sharp CB! :thumb:

although it's not going to really matter b/c all you're gonna see is a red/white blur when that thing is SCREAMING across horizon! :bolt:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Super nice addition to the SS, that 70 is an awesome motor and the Starmada decal is a nice cherry on top!

179F68A6-707A-452B-B3C4-AB3BCA4729F0_zpsizozciui.jpg

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
The motor looks great CB and way to pretty up that trailer, a nice looking machine like that needs a nice looking transporter.

PikeHunter431

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The motor looks really nice, especially on your boat. Hope you had a great long weekend.