1978 16ft Super Sport Rustoration

jbcurt00

Staff member
Smilies are MIA on my Androids post window, advanced editor is too.

I use the same handful of smilies all the time so I know what the code is for them

:confused
:becky
:ban
:welcome
:watermelon
:llama

Just add a colon after each of the above and you get

:confused:
:becky:
:ban:
:welcome:
:watermelon:
:llama:

Last edited:

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting her flipped back over.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
You're flyin' through this build CB...however it's lookin' like you took your sweet time! Great work! :thumb:

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Got her flipped back over on the trailer. Suspended it from the bow eye and the transom, just rolled it over in the air.

Fixed up some of the main cross member on the transom. Was just about completely broke off.

What restoration thread is complete without the next photo. I ask everyone sit down first, the excitement may be too much.

GLOVIT DRYING!!!!!!!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Despite your warning...I needed a breather after that last photo...intense! :lol:

Nice progress CB!! Looks like you'll be splashing in no time!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Got working on the transom while the Gluvit is drying.

Had one of my assistants lend a hand with the caulk gun.

Pulled the rig outside to get a good look at my paint job and let the Gluvit get some sun.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I'm curious what you used in the caulk gun to laminate the transom wood? Nice forward progress, paint looks great out in the sun!

I got a shipment of gluvit in as well but the trailer work has me side tracked at the moment.

Just so you know, gluvit has no UV inhibitors and shouldn't be exposed to direct sun and a guy doesn't want it to gas off too quickly in direct sun, as with any epoxy or paint.

will w.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Love the paint job. Nice looking boat you're going to have there.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm curious what you used in the caulk gun to laminate the transom wood? Nice forward progress, paint looks great out in the sun!

I got a shipment of gluvit in as well but the trailer work has me side tracked at the moment.

Just so you know, gluvit has no UV inhibitors and shouldn't be exposed to direct sun and a guy doesn't want it to gas off too quickly in direct sun, as with any epoxy or paint.

Liquid nails construction adhesive. The Gluvit was pretty dry by then, couple hours in the sun won't hurt anything, just a light sun tan. =)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I stared at the drying Gluvit picture for hours. Thanks for the excitement, Charlie. :thumb:

The swoosh looks even better right side up!