1979 18' Starcraft SuperSport Restoration

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
If the stuff is sticky then try warming it up some before mixing, I've even used my heat gun to heat the surface and the MT before just so it would mix and smooth out properly. I would be the worlds worst body and fender man so...

Oh yeah and I use my eyes to measure the stuff :lol:

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
2nd coat of white rustoleum done. Looks grey in the pics, but it's white. Blue stripe this weekend.

pocUTCjl.jpg

DYGc9Q1l.jpg

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks great mb02.....looks like a brand new hull! I've been closely watching your makeover. Keep up the great work mate.

Watermann

I'm a fan of that clean white look, nice job :thumb:

Pusher

Lieutenant
It's looking great. Keep up the good work. Your patiece is paying off!

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the encouraging comments. Blue stripe is done.

eOu5Oofl.jpg

I know it's been done by several others, so I won't win any awards for originality or creativity here, but I thought it looked great in the other restores, so I went with it.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Hey, there's nothing new under the sun right? There's just good and bad versions of the last iteration.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the encouraging comments. Blue stripe is done.

eOu5Oofl.jpg

I know it's been done by several others, so I won't win any awards for originality or creativity here, but I thought it looked great in the other restores, so I went with it.
Lookin' good! :encouragement:

Watermann

Nothing more classic that a blue and white paint scheme on a boat, I fell for it too with my Chief. Looks super!

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Among other doom bringing superstitions held by Maine lobstermen, like whistling, leaving hatches open and not saying the word pig on a boat, some lobster fishermen won?t paint their boats blue, believing that a blue boat brings bad luck. Judging by the number of blue pleasure boats here, that doesn't extend to the general boating public. Yours looks fantastic. Just don't name it "Whistling Pig".

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got the boat flipped back over today. Did it solo with two chain hoists, but it would have been much easier with a second pair of hands.

MkjCQOLl.jpg

HH0s4Mgl.jpg

ElSRzBLl.jpg

As soon as I saw the topsides and inside of the hull, all feelings of accomplishment that I've had so far just...disappeared. So much work to do. I am enjoying it, though.

Watermann

Oh yeah nice work. I always have felt excitement on the flip from turtle to boat. All that lays ahead!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Looking great. The topsides and inside stuff are a pain. SO MUCH TAPING

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Among other doom bringing superstitions held by Maine lobstermen, like whistling, leaving hatches open and not saying the word pig on a boat, some lobster fishermen won’t paint their boats blue, believing that a blue boat brings bad luck. Judging by the number of blue pleasure boats here, that doesn't extend to the general boating public. Yours looks fantastic. Just don't name it "Whistling Pig".

as long as he leaves the bananas in the truck, that sweet blue/white topcoat will be graced with plenty of fish slime :cool:

Awesome paint job! :thumb:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A classic paint scheme for a classic tinny. Nice work on the paint and the single handed flip.

Don't get discouraged, the worst is behind you.

And no bananas! LOL

Decker83

Commander
The one man flip can get pretty hairy.. She is looking great..
Just keep taking it one day at a time and it will get done..:D