The Boonies

North Beach

Commander
Has anyone seen the trailer for Nat Geo's new show The Boonies? Airs 1/19 at 9/8 central. One of the folks on the show lives off of the grid in a yellow Chieftain?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Interesting, on Chieftain afloat or trailered around and where ever he happens to be is where he 'lives'?

Check your PMs NB

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey NB

When I saw this I thought you were doing an address change to "The Boonies" LOL

Hope you're doing well, we don't see you around much.

Have you seen the post in the SC on CL/Ebay where a guy is using your Liquid Limo vids to sell his Sunchief? Or you did move and aren't taking very good care of the LL. :eek:

Hope to see you around. I miss your insight and knowledge on these oldies!

EDIT - No, I don't get NatGeo. :blue:

North Beach

Commander
I'm going to attempt to be more active here. And to answer the question, he lives on the water in the StarCraft.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll have to check that show out :D It's a Polaris TX, they have quite the cult following. I'd have left it there though, I can't stand Polaris lol

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I saw an ad for the show last night, looks interesting but too much fake drama. No DNR is going to let a snowmobile sit underwater, they want them and cars and trucks and boats removed right away so the don't pollute the water. Letting them sit down there for any length of time will get you a hefty fine.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just want to check it out for the Chieftain, don't need to see anything else ;)
If they're anything like they are here with snowmobiles, any sled not registered and insured = big fines and possible loss of your sled. The rider may have been one of them and decided best to write the sled off as a loss than than takes the incoming fines, plus fines for polluting the water. Around here I wouldn't go away from my local trail without a registered sled, the DEC and State Police pull everyone over checking papers. We used to run em, but they've gotten smart and now use fast sleds themselves lol.

Really interested in seeing how he has his Chief set up, details details details :D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Laid up inside today, catching a little North Woods Law (Season 4 Episode 7, On The Hunt, enhanced episode) and it appears they are using a blue 18ft SC Holiday OB as a dive boat in Maine to recover a snowmobile from a river, just as the ice comes off 2-3wks before complete ice out.

2 Bald Eagles were featured too, but both didnt survive unknown trauma. :(