1972 Starcraft Chieftain project STOLEN IN SEATTLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrylittleotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know a lot of you guys search craigslist and other listings as well as getting alerts so if you happen to see it come up please tell ME, preferably with an email link to furrylittleotter@yahoo.com and a phone call to (206) 673-7595. I am hoping this can lead to not only the boat but every other item we owned, which was also stolen.

The boat missing is a 1972 Starcraft Chieftain. It is a riveted aluminum construction boat that was off the water for over 20 years and undergoing major reconstruction.. As such, it had not been licensed in decades, nor had the trailer.

It is extremely unique in that it has a cabin and a flat piece attached to the bottom to mount an inboard (NOT INBOARD/OUTBOARD) style propellor strut and rudder. The entire outside is also stripped and sanded bare aluminum, and the engine fitted is an extremely unique yellow 3 cylinder air cooled Deutz. It also had an aluminum hardtop that was not attached but was stolen out of the moving truck. The rear of the boat was cutout to make a "Tailgate" style drop down section. ALL VERY UNIQUE AND INSTANTLY RECOGNIZABLE.

At the time it was stolen the boat had a huge quantity of 2 and 4 inch blue foam sheets in it I intended to use for flotation. they are 2ft by 8ft ( I think) long.

The trailer is extremely unique in that it has a 6-8inch "Gooseneck" on the hitch coupling.

It is faded white with black diamond plate fenders and brand new tires. It has brand new oval led lights in the rear crossmember and has a "Stepdown" in the rear frame crossmember to fear the propellor like a Flat bottom boat trailer (which it originally was). It also has UPRIGHT 2by 12 wooden bunks with 2by6 bunks mounted flat, on top of this is white pvc house trim boards.

It is dual axle, no brakes.

ALL VERY UNIQUE AND INSTANTLY RECOGNIZABLE.

It does have an old CA plate on it (PTI, I think, Permanent trailer) I believe it is blue but I do not know the number.

I do not know if any of this will help but I will also attach some photos.

I did find a photo of the engine number the Model is f3L912 and the serial number is 7566405
I did find an old title that list the hull number as 974917

Thank you for your time,

Neil Fink (206) 673-7595

PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS ANYWHERE THE THIEF MAY SEE IT>also, please do not alert them in any way. If they are alerted, they will simply cut it up and recycle it.

Last edited:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
call all the scrap yards you can think of and give them a heads up! sorry to hear.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
hate a thief; do I have your permission to shoot on site?

Status
Not open for further replies.