Not a Starcraft, but a tin boat question

Cloudrnnr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently acquired a Polarkraft aluminum bass boat that I will be refurbishing over the winter. The trailer, original to the boat, originally had side boards aft of the fenders, but a previous owner apparently thought they would do more good forward, and moved them. As a result, he seems to have done most of his loading by braille, and the steel fenders put some pretty healthy scratches/gouges along the sides. I will be repainting--does JB Weld do a good enough job of bonding to fill the scratches, or is there another product the Starmada is familar with?

Cloudrnnr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Okay, I think I've answered my own question. I didn't find anything on a search for "gouges" or "scratches", but searching for "jb weld" turned up a whole treasure trove of knowledge. Looks like I need to order a bucket of the stuff!

64osby

Admiral
I have filled gouges that penetrated the skin with JBW. It allowed the JBW to bond with both sides of the damaged areas. It has worked very good on skim type repairs for me. Did not see any delamination in 5 years of use.

Just make sure it gets painted.