thinking about buying a 1969 startcraft sprint

richock

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone have any incite, stories, warnings, antidotes etc they could share with this would be second time starcraft owner?

Attachments

• 69_sprint.png
    69_sprint.png
    493.1 KB · Views: 5

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks like the old gal's been given a face lift with a few nips and tucks! Go for it, looks pretty good from here trailer and all. :thumb:

fetch

richock

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the encouragement Waterman. Yes He has plenty of hrs on the trailer, jumbo wheels,new axle and all. That's Imiron red paint on there too.
Look a bit like a scaled down version of your Nymph...
Now to figure out if I can pull back on this trigger ???? The guy is looking for 2950 which seems a little high don't you think? Gotta yahama 55 hanging off the rebuild transom he replaced, looks like a decent job on that.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not sure you could get into a turn key boat any cheaper around where I live that is. Make an offer on it, all he can say is no. If you got into the same boat that was a wreck and needed a total rebuild your looking at 100's of hours of work and probably more cash out of pocket.

64osby

Admiral
If all is in running order and the interior is clean and usable it would be a good purchase at anywhere for 2k to 3k in my my neck of the woods.

As Waterman says time and money put into a project boat would be hard pressed to beat that number. You can also go boating NOW.